Starting from Ground Zero

Options
I've been meaning to all summer, and my friend (who's on here somewhere) is good at it...

so we went to swim laps today.
I've never swam for exercise in my life!!! I've run, biked, and weight trained, but, WOW, swimming is a whole different world.

I am out of shape!!!!!!!

but, I started and swam 300 meters today. Yah for me and my friend...I think she's still in the pool swimming.:smile:

Goal - friday 400+ meters.:smile:

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I've been meaning to all summer, and my friend (who's on here somewhere) is good at it...

so we went to swim laps today.
    I've never swam for exercise in my life!!! I've run, biked, and weight trained, but, WOW, swimming is a whole different world.

I am out of shape!!!!!!!

but, I started and swam 300 meters today. Yah for me and my friend...I think she's still in the pool swimming.:smile:

Goal - friday 400+ meters.:smile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY YOU!!! It is amazing how different all those muscles are!!! HOORAY FOR YOU!

:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise, in my opinion. :happy:

Good for you. :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work!!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Thanks.:smile:

Swimming in a large public area, and swimming for exercise in general is definitely going beyond my comfort zone. But it was fun and I'm going to keep at it.

The cool thing is that this is the pool where these guys train:
    http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2008/04/15/Sports/cats-Loaded.With.Olympic.Talent-3325650.shtml
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I went back for more today.

My lovely friend kept me in the pool for over an hour today. (Thanks SB!!)

I'm slow, but I kept moving (mostly). (Very slow)

Monday is the next swim time. I will improve.:smile: