weight watcher scales

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Ok, so, I bought some weight watcher scales that measure BMI, water % etc etc but I think they are waaaaaay sensitive. I bought them in my lunch hour so sneakily weighed myself at work and had lost 19lbs. However, that night when I got them home I weighed myself and I had only 16lbs according to the scales when they were in my bathroom and 15lbs when they were in my spare room!

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm now way confused and feeling a bit low because it is probably just 15lbs that I have lost in 3 weeks :(

Replies

• justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I always use my scales on a hard level floor, never on carpet because I always think the squishyness underneath will make a difference, sometimes I have weighed myself in the morning and then weighed myself at night and been 3lbs difference though. It constantly fluctuates throughout the day/week. I would try not to worry about it too much. :)
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    Different floors, different weight. I can move mine around in the bathroom and get different numbers each and every time. So put it in one place and weigh there.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    All scales will show different results when you move them around to different parts of your house, usually because your floors aren't completely level or because you've gone from a hard floor to a carpeted one. You should weigh yourself with the scale in the same place to avoid this problem, on a hard floor.

Your weight will vary by several pounds throughout the day as you eat and drink.

If you must weight daily, weigh at the same time every day. weighing first thing in teh morning, naked, after you've eliminated but before eating or drinking will give you your most consistent weights.

And I personally don't trust any scale to do anything other than measure weight. They generally are not good at measuring body fat or water or anything other than pounds. I wouldn't pay extra for a scale that purports to measure things other than weight.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have those scales too. It's important not to move them from place to place - different floor surfaces will affect the reading. Try to get a really flat surface like tiles, not carpet, and always weigh yourself in the same location.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have them too but I can never get a water reading from them! I always put them in the same place to weigh myself.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Really? My water always shows in the high 40 percents. I think it measures a bit high on body fat %, but I'm tracking the progress rather than the actual figure.
  • Mellissande
    Options
    I have to step on my scale 3-4 times and go with the figure that shows twice... My scale will say something like 355.2 and then 2 seconds later it'll say 359.8. Now I know I didn't magically gain weight between weighings I hate scales
  • marte80
    marte80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact scale. I will say that you need to keep it on a flat hard surface. The weight is dead on, I compared it to the scale at the local YMCA. You weight fluctuates all during the day. I generally gain weight after working out. With scales, you must learn to weigh yourself at the same time of day on the same day of the week. Stop being a scale hopper that will get you discouraged too quickly. I weigh Sunday mornings. Some people say that they don't want a scale in the house because they jump on it way too much. Either way, good luck to you!