my draggin jeans! Wah!

Options
melaniecheeks
melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
So, Easter is here, the sun is shining, time to get back on a motorbike!

I dug out my bike gear to try it on. My Aerostich suit (one piece coverall that goes on over clothes) is fine - it used to be awkward zipping it over the thighs, but now no problem. And it has lots of velcro adjusters so I can pull it in at the sides.

My lovely Alpine Star grey leather jacket is still fine - it used to be snug, now it looks great.

But my draggin jeans that I used to wear with that jacket are far too big! We did the "here's me holding out the waistband of a pair of trousers that used to be tight" photograph so beloved of Slimming World etc.

Oh well.:ohwell:

Replies

• dbredenberg
    Options
    Add up what you spent on everything last month and think about what a new pair of jeans costs. Then get yourself down to the store and buy a new pair of jeans with a smile on your face. And give away the old jeans immediately. No back sliding!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Draggins are special motorbike jeans re-inforced with kevlar. I bought these second hand a few years ago, so I know I've had my wear out of them. They're quite expensive new, but I'll have fun trying on a variety of trousers to go with teh leather jacket.
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Melanie, your doing great. I am reminded of the old Chinese Proverb: Better to drag jeans, then bust at seams! I've needed to replace mine a couple of times already. I know exactly what you mean. I have a nice leather jacket that I remember being tight
    on me 2 years ago, now I am swimming in it!

Enjoy Easter Day. :wink: It's sunny here too, wish I didn't have to work!

Dan
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Draggins are special motorbike jeans re-inforced with kevlar. I bought these second hand a few years ago, so I know I've had my wear out of them. They're quite expensive new, but I'll have fun trying on a variety of trousers to go with teh leather jacket.

Can you have them altered? It might be cheaper taking them to a seamstress to alter for you than buying a new pair.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my works pants are getting soo darn loose, but I'm trying to avoid buying new ones for another 10 lbs, (which'll make it 40), and then I'll start it all over again

CONGRATS :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!