Hiya Everyone

Options
I'm Dj and would like to drop a few sizes. I'm a married mom of 2 who just moved back to my home town. I'm pretty new to keeping a food journal but am going to give it my best.

Replies

• djh90
    djh90 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm Dj and would like to drop a few sizes. I'm a married mom of 2 who just moved back to my home town. I'm pretty new to keeping a food journal but am going to give it my best.
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    *gives a big wave*

Glad you're here!!!
  • djh90
    Options
    :smile: (waves back)

Glad to see you too.

DJ
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello there.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
    when I first started I had never done a food journal before. I was amazed at what I was eating and how many calories etc. was in everything. It was more the amount in a serving that I had a problem with, but after tracking for a few days I found it was easy to adjust, and now I am almost at my goal.
  • djh90
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome.
    :flowerforyou:
  • djh90
    Options
    Thank you,

I'm pretty sure I'm way over on the calories. It's usually the portions I have an issue with.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I had never done anything like this either, up until about two weeks ago! I never realized how much I was actually eating...even when I thought I was "cutting back" ... I think it will really help just to keep track of things like I do on here. Don't eat that last cookie, drink that second glass of milk, or grab seconds because "just a little" more won't hurt! It really helps me to see my boundaries...and on days where I work out a lot, see how much more I can really eat! I lost 7 pounds in my first week of keeping track!!! It's almost weigh in again, we'll see where this week takes me!

Cheers :drinker:
    Dani :)
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Oh, welcome and GOOD LUCK!! Meant to say that as well...
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    DJ...Welcome to our little corner of the world....it's a fun place to be. Lots of folks who are glad to help so don't hesitate to ask!
    Ezzie
    PS...Had to answer, your name is same as my son's.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the "We put fun in dysfunctional" family! You are in the right place to educate yourself, get support, and make friends. :flowerforyou:
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Welcome and I hope you are able to achieve your goals! Good Luck
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there neighbor!!! Welcome to the sight! Love your picture here...too cute! YOU CAN DO IT!

:flowerforyou:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello, once you are dedicated to this it is pretty easy. You can almost guess what something has in it before you log it!!