replacements

Options
I just cant seem to stop eating rubbish!!! I need to replace junk food with healthy, but i dont eat veg and only a few varieties of fruit. what do you suggest? xxx

Replies

• marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Start eating veggies. Lol. Open your mind. If you havent tried it in a while try it again. Your taste buds change.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don';t eat a lot of veggies(and can't stand spinach, cauliflower, brocoli, squash LOL), and with the price of both it and fruit, it makes it hard.

I use carrots when I have the munchies, if I need some low fat ranch, so be it, I use that

I love tomatos, especially sweet cherry tomatoes, I can eat those like candy, and green peppers like an apple :)

Even if you don't eat a lot of those, eat what you do like.

I'm not sure if you're looking for replacements for what veggies/fruits give you or snacks, you MIGHT be able to get what nutrients you need from vitamins/supplements for not eating a lot of veggies/fruits

If you mean snacks:

i use as snacky foods is popcorn, crackers, nature valley's granola thins/nut clusters, cheese. I even buy a box of dry cereal I like(this week it's frosted mini wheats) and eat half/full serving depending on calories, for a snack.

Good luck
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you won't change what you're eating, why would your results change?

You can try simply restricting the amounts of what you eat today. That will work for awhile in terms of losing pounds, but it's not going to give you the health benefits that you probably seek and most people do not find that to be sustainable in the long term.

I agree with the poster who suggested trying new things. Sometimes our perception of a food and whether we 'like' it has a great deal to do with the freshness of that food item and/or how it was prepared.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just cant seem to stop eating rubbish!!! I need to replace junk food with healthy, but i dont eat veg and only a few varieties of fruit. what do you suggest? xxx

Try low sodium V8:drinker:
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You CAN stop eating rubbish, but you haven't wanted to do it, yet. Ask yourself some hard questions, like "why haven't I made choices that will help me be healthier?" and "what am I getting out of making rubbish choices?". I promise you, we all do exactly what we WANT to do. The subconscious cannot be mocked. There may be the odd case that is the except to that rule every once in a while, but for the most part, if you are consistently choosing to eat junk it's because that's really what you want to do.

Before you can get to how you can make better choices and start living a healthier life (inside and out) , sometimes it helps to understand why you've been making such terrible choices.

FWIW, self-destruction runs deep. Even after a year of clean eating and regular exercise I still find new answers to the old questions. Amazing.
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What don't you like about Veggies? Taste or Texture?
    Try sauteing vegetable in some type of low call seasoning you like. They will be soft and yummy!
    You have to eat veggies. They are good for you! So try to find a way to eat them!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    you could also try smoothies. I love them. In the beginning I started with just fruit smoothies then started to add more greens...the fruit covers the taste of the greens if you don't like them. I have made some wonderful ones and they do "clean" everything out.
  • tammydspice
    tammydspice Posts: 102
    Options
    Change is hard, but if you don't change things just stay the same. Clean up you eating, you taste buds are in shock right now and have no idea what veggies should taste like. Salt and sugar are great liars. They make fast food and premade food taste great. But read the labels, think about what you are eating, give yourself a week or 2 clean eating and junk food tastes awful!! I was in your shoes, eating out and boxed food all the time. Now we make everything, have a treat night with our homemade nachos and I am thinnner and much happier. It was hard, but worth it. It becomes a habit very quickly once you see results!! Best of luck to you!!
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok...I am a snacker also, so I feel your pain. I have found snacks to fit in with my calories but I eat them in moderation. Here are some... Tostitos scoops(14) -120 cal with Mission med. cheese dip(2 tbsp drizzled over chips)-45 cal.
    Weight watchers Icream candy bar(tastes like a snickers icecream bar)-150 cal.
    Weight watchers dark rasberry Ice Cream Bar x2- 170 cal.
    kraft handi snacks- pretzels and cheese-90cal.
    Kelloggs special k bars- 90 cal.
    General Mills lucky charms treat bars-100cal.
    Rold Gold tiny pretzels-honey mustard-110 cal.
    Kelloggs All Bran Crackers-multi grain(18 pieces)-130
    Pringles snack pack-100cal.
    Any 100 cal. pack of cookies or pretzels or chips
    kraft nutter butter dipped delights bar-100 cal.
    popcorn
    jello sugar free puddings-60cal.
    I know alot of these have a lot of sugar, but I had a hard time going cold turkey on snacks. I have still lost weight and please take into consideration I usually only have one at lunch and one after dinner. Also I eat tangerines and Jazz Apples.
  • xxhannahmburkexx
    Options
    WOW!!!! Lots of comments and positive feedback. I said veg when I ment salad lol, I like brocolli, cauliflower, sprouts, spinache, carrots, sweetcorn and quite alot more, fruit i like bananas, grapes (red and green) tangerines, melon and thats about it
    Maybe its because I havnt eaten salad for quite a while thats why I think I dont like them
    I may just do the carrot snack option and the smoothie sounds good. I dont buy the food in so I dont eat it. I think I need to start buying alot more healthier options and I will have to eat it.
    THANKYOU ALL!!!!!! x
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Self-control.