When is the best time

Options
to go to the gym?

Replies

• elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want/can. Really, it doesn't matter that much!
    Just do it when you can do it. Most do tend to be less crowded in the early morning though!
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    I find that weekdays early afternoon (12pm-2:30pm) are the least crowded. That is when i feel most comfortable there. This is my observation

5am-8:30am: Fit early risers before work
    8:30am-10:30am: Moms after kids get off to school. (lots of chatting)
    10:30am-12:00pm: People going to coming from classes (step,spin,zumba, etc)
    12:00pm-2:30pm: People like me that don't like crowds. :-)
    2:30pm-4:00pm: High school kids starting to filter in
    4:00pm-7:30pm: everybody else, after work (Super crowded)
    7:30pm-9:00pm: late workers, or after dinner crowd.

Ive only belonged to 2 gyms, but they both seem to fit this bill. Again just my observation.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find first thing in the morning works best for me but for no other reason than it gives me motivation to stay "good" for the rest of the day so I don't waste all the good work that I've already done...
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    The Chinese saying goes like this "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today."

If you can work it into your schedule, I believe a morning workout is best for a few reasons, it gets your body going and sets your day up for success. Also, it's much less likely to get crowded out of my schedule if I do it first thing, and I am better able to do the exercise in the morning, as the day goes on I can get run down. But if I haven't gotten to the gym before 7pm then you know I'm going in the evening. My big problem with evening workouts is that I don't like to eat calories I haven't earned yet and that leaves me needing to eat a big meal after my workout. I'm learning to give up some of that fear but I'm still on my journey. :)
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You really have to decide when the best time to go is for you. If you are fighting to work it in, on a lazier day (we all have them) you won't go. If you find a time that will work for you everyday are more apt to stay on track and keep going every day.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The Chinese saying goes like this "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today."

What a great saying! The Chinese are so wise! :happy: