ZUMBA!

Options
I have been going to Zumba! class from about a month now. It says that you can burn anywhere from 600 to 1000 calories depending on how intense your workout is. How is everyone else calculating their calories burned in a high intensity cardio workout? Anyone else doing Zumba? THANKS!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mrshalltb
    mrshalltb Posts: 10
    Options
    ive been doing zumba in class and at home but i didnt know how to record it as there is no option for it. ive been putting it down as dance but i know its not showing the true cals burnt
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I bought a Heart RateMonitor at target and I use it when I do Zumba. I knew I was Burning More calories than MFP said and I was.
  • skillen
    skillen Posts: 8
    Options
    me and another lady do it here ....we just added it ourselves ....I have a calorie counting watch and so does she we typically burn at a minimum of 500 calories. I got mine at Walmart for about $30.
  • bfoxwaters
    Options
    i've been putting it as high impact aerobics.. it seems to be the closest as far as calories burned.. hope this helps :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bah dont talk to me about zumba it is evil
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar Heart Rate Monitor....The zumba class i take at my gym I usually burn between 300 and 400 calories and that is me working my *kitten* off and sweating like crazy....im pretty coordinated so i do the moves pretty accurate and stuff but i dont burn as much as other people say they do!
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I always feel like I get a better cardio work out than in any other class, I always used to estimate at 400 calories but I was sure I was burning more so I brought a heart rate watch and my class on Friday I burnt 740 calories, happy days!!