Belly fat

Options
Hi

How can I loose the last bit of belly fat?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Replies

• cathy314
    cathy314 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm doing Pilati's to strengthen my core. Not only does it help, but reminds me at all times to stand and sit tall. This will also help!
  • Alwaysscarred
    Options
    I would also like to know this. Belly fat suuucks!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ToneItUp workouts! amazinnng for abs :) also do lots of planks/side planks...they work out your whole core and are just a great body exercise overall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoeE9VTxvHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZll8zWuu94
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    belly fat is just fat...you can't target fat loss it's just where your particular body stores fat. you need to lose more weight :) good luck
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    HIIT - check out intervaltraining.net (I'm not advertising here, just providing a useful source)

I did it and it really accelerated my fat loss
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    The only way you can lose that last amount of fat is to really tweak your diet (and increase your cardio). Doing core exercises is a great way to strengthen and tone you midsection, but you cannot spot reduce the fat on top of your muscles. Eating very clean, higher protein, moderate carbs (low sugar and lots of veggies), moderate (healthy) fats is the way to burning that fat off. Make sure you are eating 6 small meals every 3 hours or so to keep your metabolism going. Feel free to ask any questions. I have a degree in exercise physiology and am also a figure/bikini competitor. I know how frustrating getting that last amount of fat off can be. GOOD LUCK :)
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Strengthening the core will improve your posture however so as someone mentioned earlier you'll be standing taller. :-)

Conjugated Lineolic Acid supplementation has also shown to have some effect on reducing fat around the mid-section, however the study results were found on men and so far there is no correlated study with women to date. That being said...it was a 6lb loss over 12 weeks not anything instantaneous.

All the best!