I have a question

I was reading and seems that I should be taking in almost all of the calories that I am allowed. The amount seems so much. I had been seeing a trainer last time I tried to loose and she was telling me to keep my calories about 400 lower than what I am allowed not including the ones used in exercising.

Would really appriciate all your suggestions, and information that you could pass along. I want to be successful in this venture.

Replies

• I was reading and seems that I should be taking in almost all of the calories that I am allowed. The amount seems so much. I had been seeing a trainer last time I tried to loose and she was telling me to keep my calories about 400 lower than what I am allowed not including the ones used in exercising.

Would really appriciate all your suggestions, and information that you could pass along. I want to be successful in this venture.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Well, I have not lost a ton of weight but reading in reading all the posts on this site over the months....I can tell you this... Eat all the calories that it tells you too and eat most of your exercise calories too. Your body will go into starvation mode if you do not and you will stop loosing weight. I think that there is a post for newbies to read about all the things you should and should not do and I do believe this topic is covered in depth.

Hope this helps!

Good luck :smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Well, someone just posted on another thread that swimmer Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories a day. Her conclusion was that this was proof that we need to eat our exercise calories.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    I eat every single one of my exercise calories, and I have been losing 1lb a week. I have to eat all of them otherwise I am way too hungry and I end up "grazing."

There is a thread on the site that talks about why we should eat our exercise calories-basically our bodies need them. I believe the thread is titled somewhere along the lines of Newbies.