Gastric bypass people

Gemini_at_36
Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Putting out my feelers to meet people who are looking into gastric bypass. Please add me to your friend list.

Replies

• I did it many years ago.
    Please make sure you are well educated on the subject first, okay?
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    I did it almost 7 years ago. I had an RNY. I've recently had some regain, so thats why I'm here. To lose the regain. Add me, if you like.
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    I had RNY gastric bypass in August of 2003. I've gained about 45-50lb lbs back from my lowest weight (which I think was too low for me). Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    I had Roux-en-Y last summer. My weight loss started stalling a couple of months ago. I started to come here almost a month ago to keep the weight falling (and it has). Add me if you'd like.
  • Add me too! Roux 6 yrs ago..now monitoring my weight loss here and going to Tops for weekly meetings
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Hi! So 6 years out, how is it going? What are your ups and downs? How was the first year, the first 6 months? Any suggestions are welcome. Just starting out pre op stuff like labs, dietician meetings..... thanks for suggestions.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Never stop takin your vits!

I have seen many people get complacent after a couple years....they start feeling "normal" (I am one of those too) and you start to slack off on things....hence the regains and vit. deficiencies that pop up a few years down the line.

Your insides are forever altered....so should your mindset!

I had GPS 4 years ago. Had a baby 8 months ago and now trying to lose the baby weight plus a few more if it's possible...will see when I get there.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.