Replies

• Insomniak2
    Options
    Legs = wrecked
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Legs = wrecked

Bummer, but from my experience with them, I'm not surprised.
  • makboo
    makboo Posts: 5
    Options
    @Daniel A Half Marathon is 13.1 miles (26.2 for a full). Good luck! I'm not sure if you a believer in taking meds, but when I did a long run the first time, I didn't take anything before the run. My husband suggested taking 2 Motrins before hand. I followed his advice for runs longer than 10 miles and they've helped with the soreness and pain that develops once you get to about 12 miles.

Have you used Gu chomps (you can get them at Sports Authority, etc.). I ate a pack ($2.49) on the full marathon--ate one every 3-5 miles. These energy chews helped. Also, don't forget to drink Gatorade (or whatever sports drinks that help your body to stay hydrate).

After each long run, I also took 2 Motrins. The night and day after the marathon was pretty tough. All the muscles hated me. It got better yesterday and I'm totally fine today. I also walked 2.5 miles everyday after my marathon and I swear that's helped me.
  • makboo
    makboo Posts: 5
    Options
    @Daniel A Half Marathon is 13.1 miles (26.2 for a full). Good luck! I'm not sure if you a believer in taking meds, but when I did a long run the first time, I didn't take anything before the run. My husband suggested taking 2 Motrins before hand. I followed his advice for runs longer than 10 miles and they've helped with the soreness and pain that develops once you get to about 12 miles.

Have you used Gu chomps (you can get them at Sports Authority, etc.). I ate a pack ($2.49) on the full marathon--ate one every 3-5 miles. These energy chews helped. Also, don't forget to drink Gatorade (or whatever sports drinks that help your body to stay hydrate).

After each long run, I also took 2 Motrins. The night and day after the marathon was pretty tough. All the muscles hated me. It got better yesterday and I'm totally fine today. I also walked 2.5 miles everyday after my marathon and I swear that's helped me.