September Wedding and an extra 35 pounds ;-(

Options
I am getting married in September (9-10-11) and I am heavier than I want to be! I was working out steadily for 5 months last summer- up to January, really and then lost all motivation! I had a work out partner who was at a lower level than I was, and once she stopped attending out scheduled work out sessions, so did I. I have thought about putting an ad on Craigslist for a local work out partner, but have yet to go that route. I do have a personal trainer, but I only get her 2 times a week,and that just wont cut it! I hate the feeling of going to the gym alone, and I have no motivation to do anything at home. Help me please, anyone!! :-)

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can go to the gym alone, trust me. It'll mean you can go whenever it suits you, rather than having to co-ordinate with someone else.

Just do i!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Work out partners never work for me....to easy for me to skip out if they do....I set a certain time of the day to do my work out (walking) and do it. I won't let anything come between me and my work out time. I deserve it. Plus I llike the freedome of being able to extend my time or change the time if I want.

You have a great incentive...Just do it....become your own best friend work out partner.
  • ulisasalinas
    Options
    I understand what you mean, trust me i have been there. I have my wedding in july this year and i have been going to the gym at least 4 times a week. Its hard to go alone but in the end you are your own motivation. I go in the morning and trust me i don't want to get up but i end up going because i just think i don't want to be that big bride! ha. But good luck and just depend on yourself.
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    I too am getting married in August though. I have quite a few pounds to go but am hoping now I have found this site and a few other factors have come into play that I can get them off! So how about you have some motivational friends on here to keep you going rather than a friend to go to the gym with. I must admit I started to go to a zumba class on my own and told my mum about it. She came along the next week and some other people I knew joined in. They have since missed weeks but I have been there every week as I fear time is running out and I need to be! Also I LOVE Zumba!!! I am an addict! Have you tried it? I suggest you do! I am an exercise convert now! The gym to me was always just sweat and boredom so I never kept it up. I also do not agree with the ridiculous prices that gyms charge fo membership (nor can I afford it!)
    Hope that gives you some ideas? Feel free to add me if you like
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    Think positive find motivation and get a journal and log in your food log and exercise.
  • LaurieJAndrews
    LaurieJAndrews Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started leaving the car at home and walking my son to school then on to work and back again at lunch time then back again for school pick up. I've really started to notice the difference in the waistline. Simple, but effective. Oh and cheaper than that parking! Failing that, the people here really do inspire you. Read some of the stories, it will make you determined to get to your goal.
    We will all help you.
    Good luck
    Laurie :o)
    xx
  • Thank you so much!:happy: