Anzac bisuits or not...

Options
Ok..Aussie tradition...Anzac biscuits on Anzac day - will you or won't you??? Especially so close to Hot Cross Buns and Easter eggs...??
"Traditional biscuits baked by anxious wives and mothers during World War I, packed in food parcels, and sent to the Australian soldiers in the trenches."

Replies

• amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Not for me :) Too much sugar! Thankfully I'm at the stage where I no longer crave sugar & don't want it in my system.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Not really a tradition in the uk,but as I have such a great friend in australia,I shall buy some tomorrow, as I know a place where they can be purchased, as a mark of respect.

Have a great day.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If that's what you usually do on Anzac Day - then yes, of course.
    Just one, enjoy it, log it!
    Funny, but I don't usually think of Anzac biccies on Anzac Day!
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    I'll be giving them a miss this year I think (unless someone at work brings them in, then I may have one but I'm not having them in my house or I would devour the lot).
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving them a miss this year I think (unless someone at work brings them in, then I may have one but I'm not having them in my house or I would devour the lot).
    Yes..me too they are so yum..but daughter is cooking them and bringing them over this year so I thought I should have one (or two...lol)
  • Lotuser
    Lotuser Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't just eat one without thinking, make a nice cup of tea, sit down and enjoy one!! I'm from aus too. I have a food hanger from Easter ha ha so I don't even feel like Anzac biscuits
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I made some (and ate most of them) when I was in Norway in Jan for Australia day visiting my boyfriends family so might skip it today. I will sneak a beer in at 2up though!
  • ecoopes
    ecoopes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Since this is my first day logging my calories I think I'll give them a miss this year (especially after the abundance of hot cross buns and chocolate bunnies over the weekend!) But I think one Anzac biscuit could fit in your diary if you really want to have one!!
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Lest we forget...

It's odd, but after 9 years living in Aus and having just returned to the UK a few months ago, I was hanging for an Anzac biscuit. To me they aren't better than a Hob Nob, but there's something about the tradition of eating an Anzac biccie on Anzac day - my past issue is that one was never enough.

But I'd say to you - go for it. There's no issue having one or two. You shouldn't deprive yourself those odd little treats..