Calories n Korean BBQ Furusato?

lizalmp1234
lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone know the Calories n Korean BBQ Furusato?

Replies

• ajfoer
    ajfoer Posts: 36 Member
    We are stationed in Korea and I've never heard of it. Is it like Galbi or a Jjiggae or more like a Bulgolgi? Do you know? I'm not trying to be rude just wondering because they don't have the "F" sound in Hangul.
  • lizalmp1234
    Hi,

It's actually a korean bbq restaurant here in California...they serve beef briskets, pork, etc. just wondering how much cals in beef brisket bbq? i think furusato is the owners name, he named the restaurant after him.
  • ajfoer
    Ohhhh ok. The beef BBQ is called sogalbi or just plain galbi, since beef is the most popular. Pork BBQ is called Daeji galbi. The spicy pepper sauce that can be put on the lettuce leaves is called Gochujang. If the meat is pre-marinated cut up in strips and given to you cooked with a side of rice it is called Bulgolgi. I hope this helps in your search. Also if you can't find it as Galbi, the westernized spelling can also be Kalbi. Here are the calories from Livestrong.com

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/korean-kalbi/
  • ajfoer
    PS Galbi is the meat that you cook in front of you. Or at least that's how it's done in Korea. If you have any questions about any other Korean Food let me know. I eat it on a daily basis and know the Korean names for most of it. =)
  • lizalmp1234
    Thank you so much, you helped me alot, sorry for the late reply!
This discussion has been closed.