DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION CHALLENGE

Options
I'm setting myself a challenge to do six hours of Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii per week for the next four weeks.
Anyone want to join me?
I usually want to mix things up with exercise but I LOVE DANCING and really should get some use out of the wii console haha!

x

Replies

• l13are
    l13are Posts: 11
    Options
    Whats dance dance revolution?
  • hotmamaagain11
    Options
    IT is a game for the Wii
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Just Dance 2!, Michael Jackson Experience, and Broadway Dance...but haven't done DanceDance Revolution. I'll check it out!!!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    is it available for free by any chance ? (i am so broke) cause I'll take this challenge if it is ! Seriously. I have 50 cents in my checking account.
  • l13are
    l13are Posts: 11
    Options
    i do just dance 2 and love that but would love to try that
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I totally would if I had DDR! I played the PS2 version every day during the week for 2 hours when I was 16 (and then went to volleyball practice afterwards) and was in the best shape I've ever been in my life! I've been thinking about getting the PS3 version.
  • dobergfell
    Options
    I love 'DDR'ing on my XBox. I find it easier to do a workout if I am playing a video game :)
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think they're pretty much the same!
  • emma2309
    Options
    You can just dance around your house like a maniac for 6hrs a week instead :)
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, yes! I love dance dance revolution! I have it on the Xbox 360. Hmmmm....alright, yeah, I think I can do this. I was planning on doing some belly dancing anyway on top of my other workouts, so I'll do the DDR instead for a while! When is this starting now?
  • emma2309
    Options
    Yes this week :) I just did half an hour today...more tomorrow :)
  • emma2309
    Options
    3hrs done :)
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Starting back in tomorrow....whoo yah!
  • emma2309
    Options
    me too :)
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    I did an hour of DDR today. Yay!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't have DDR but I have the Playstation 2 version of In the Groove. I love it so much! I lost 30 pounds in the summer/fall of 2009 playing like 4 hrs a day! I don't play much now because of school, but I am definitely going to start playing again as soon as I'm done with my last final this month! :D

But I have a question... how do you guys log the calories burned? Mine has a built-in calorie counter but it seriously overestimates the calories burned. To the OP... we have similar stats, do you happen to play DDR with a HRM? If so, do you know how much calories you can burn playing?
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Oo I love DDR.I used to be hardcore back in the day. I probably can't do 6 hours a week since i'm doing a bunch of other things, and have two babies to take care of. But I'll go dust off my mat!I would probably would of never stopped if I didn't lose the DDRmax2 game. Best one ever. I have it for ps2.
  • emma2309
    Options
    Nah I dont have a HRM but there is an aerobics mode and it tells you how much you burn, I dont know how accurate it is but if anything I think it tells you that you burn less than you actually do! It's such a fun way to get exercise in!I plan on doing 2 or 3 hours tomorrow :)
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Now this thread is making me think of starting ddr again :)
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    I need to start doing this! Bah!