SOUP DIET

Options
I have really just gotten lazy about my foods again and I'm going to do a 7 day soup diet to just get me started thinking about what I'm eating again. I know people are going to give out to me for this but I need to have somewhere to start and this works for me.

I'm going to start on tuesday and anyone is welcome to start with me :)

Day 1 - Any fruit and fruit juices (besides Bananas) and vegetable soup.

Day 2 - Any vegetables and vegetable soup.

Day 3 - Fruit and veg, fruit juices and vegetable soup.

Day 4 - 4 Bananas and as much milk as you like.

Day 5, 6, 7 - Each one of these days you can have 12oz of meat and as much veg as you like - NO soup

So that is the plan, I'll update here everyday on how difficult it is :)

x

Replies

• ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Is this a regimen you made up yourself? What are the PROS to each day's food allowance?
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have really just gotten lazy about my foods again and I'm going to do a 7 day soup diet to just get me started thinking about what I'm eating again. I know people are going to give out to me for this but I need to have somewhere to start and this works for me.

Honey, you dont need to "start again" by trying soup!! You have mentioned that you have "gotten lazy" about your food. I have no idea what that means as I havent read your diary, but going on a fad diet (yes a soup diet) is just that is not the answer. Eating fruit, vegetables, meat and grain in soup form is going to give you good nutrients, but realistically how longterm is it? You would probably be better looking at your diary, assessing where you can make changes and moving forward for a longterm solution. Happy to help you if you want! xx Dianne
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's one of the most famous cult diets, I know sooo many people who have done it.
    I'm not going to say there are any pros to the types of foods eaten each day, you can google it and you'll find plenty of websites telling you why it's great, most of it is BS though. The reason I want to do this is to gain control over what I'm eating and once the week is up I will be more conscious of what I'm putting into my mouth if that makes sense to you? I need a starting point again. I dont expect to lose a load of weight or anything and I know if I did I'd put it back on in a day anyways.
  • emma2309
    Options
    Thanks Dianne but I KNOW this is not a long term solution at all, I know how to eat healthly but recently I've stopped THINKING about my choices and I know this week will make me be more careful in future, I'm not going to carry on doing this ridiculous diet or anything!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    No offense, I'm not really seeing how this is a good plan unless you are juicing the fruits and vegetables yourself and making your own soup...otherwise the sugar and sodium involved don't seem like a great idea...

I also don't get Day 4-- unlimited amounts of bananas and milk?

just my .02, but it seems like just planning your meals in advance, exercising portion control, and forcing yourself to log everything you eat would be a more realistic jumpstart to getting "back on the wagon".
  • emma2309
    Options
    The thing is I log everything I eat anyways, everyday no matter what it is, I now really wish I hadn't posted this becasue I feel like I have to explain myself, eventhough I know you are all just trying to help.
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Thanks Dianne but I KNOW this is not a long term solution at all, I know how to eat healthly but recently I've stopped THINKING about my choices and I know this week will make me be more careful in future, I'm not going to carry on doing this ridiculous diet or anything!

No problem - I just see a lot of people here that struggle, and commonly there are things that they can do that will help. I myself have struggled with food in the past and now have a greater understanding of how to eat, what kind of foods to eat when and so on to get the maximum fuel sources for my body, and lose weight. Many here feel a sense of hopelessness with their food choices and are unsure where to head next, so they try a "diet". Most lose weight, come out the other end feeling better for it, but in doing so havent learnt how to switch their foods around and move forward for the future, so if they do start feeling sluggish again and not losing (or putting on) weight, they feel that a "diet" is what is needed again.

Its a vicious circle, I'd hate for somebody who is as beautiful as you plus as positive sounding to get on that treadmill xx
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have tried this diet SEVERAL TIMES (I know it as the Cabbage Soup Diet). It may seem fine now but don't push it. I find now that when I try to do this particular diet, I do not drop any weight or inches. Matter of fact, the last two times I actually gained weight.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    No offense, I'm not really seeing how this is a good plan unless you are juicing the fruits and vegetables yourself and making your own soup...otherwise the sugar and sodium involved don't seem like a great idea...

AIIIIEEEE!!!! Sodium!!!! Those were my thoughts too!

I'm sort of a "do what works for you" kinda gal - but I am leaning towards the other camp about really looking at yourself in the mirror and finding that long-term solution. That's GREAT advice!

I would get frustrated on soup, milk, and bananas. I want to EAT!
  • emma2309
    Options
    Thanks hun, I will let you know if it helps me after the week to THINK about the foods I'm eating, I'm not a fad diet kinda person usually I've just gotten bored or something, need structure for a week and then hopefully I'll make better choices afterwards....that doesnt mean soup everyday =P

Also I had a really bad injury to my foot last July I haven't been able to walk until last week, and by walk I mean move short distances without crutches. Before this I was a lifeguard, worked in a gym and was a hockey coach so my life has changed around a lot, I can just about do a few exercises on the wii fit, can't wait to get back to proper exercise!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that this is not a great plan. I do advocate soup as a food but not like this. Soup is a fantastic addition to your diet if you make it yourself and exercise portion control. I eat some soup every day but that's mostly because I really like it. I make homemade soups so that I can control flavors, nutrients, etc. I find I can pack in extra servings of veggies but I also keep an eye out for sodium, fat, etc. Along with calories.

In this world of weight loss, there is no unlimited anything. It all comes down to moderation, balance and discipline. It sounds like you already know what is right and what is wrong. Going to a fad to help you focus isn't the answer, in my opinion.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I make my own soups with my own stock and theyre delish, you should try it because the sodium in the canned variety are like quadrouple :sick: and theres no reason why you should think you cant eat soup :indifferent:
    Cant you get away with only doing days 5,6,7 they sound awesome to me :-D
    Or have you thought about just following 1200kcal diets and getting a strict menu to follow that depicts what to eat and when.
    Here, this site is cool: http://www.nowloss.com/1200-calorie-diet-plans.htm
    That way you'll defo be aware of what you're eating!
  • emma2309
    Options
    Thanks Soph!

I never even THOUGHT of eating canned soup - homemade alllll the way haha!

I just need a week to learn a bit of control, I'm there are other ways of doing so I'm just gonna see if this works for me this time.

I'll def look up that website! x
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Thanks hun, I will let you know if it helps me after the week to THINK about the foods I'm eating, I'm not a fad diet kinda person usually I've just gotten bored or something, need structure for a week and then hopefully I'll make better choices afterwards....that doesnt mean soup everyday =P

Also I had a really bad injury to my foot last July I haven't been able to walk until last week, and by walk I mean move short distances without crutches. Before this I was a lifeguard, worked in a gym and was a hockey coach so my life has changed around a lot, I can just about do a few exercises on the wii fit, can't wait to get back to proper exercise!

that's good to hear :) Remember to listen to your body while you are doing it, and if your body wants something more - GIVE it to yourself. I understand the frustration of injury - I have recently gone through a back injury after training for a half!

good luck xx