Tasty Nutritiousl Meals

Options
Does anyone know of a really good site for menu planning? I am looking for tasty, nutritional meals and snacks to plan my meals for a 1200-1400 calorie intake. Food is fuel, but should taste good too. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....I like skinnytaste.com and also hungry girl. I totally agree and just because it's low calorie....it should still taste good:) Good luck to you~
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like either www.eatingwell.com or www.myrecipes.com on both sites you can save the recipes you like, and both provide nutritional information for the recipes. My recipes lets you do a menu and a grocery list. Both sites stress healthy eating not just low calories (which is something I dislike about hungry girl....too much fake sugar and weird stuff).
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip, I will check it out..
  • FoodieErica
    Options
    Let's see, ericainthecity.blogspot.com is my fav. :drinker: I agree with emilex, healthy eating doesn't always mean low calories. That is why I do not like Hungry Girl. She promotes the exact opposite of how we should be eating. We need to fuel our bodies with REAL food, not chemicals (i.e. Spenda and other low calorie fake foods). I once saw her make a "dessert" with Captain Crunch, Splenda, and fat free Coffee-mate. It may be "low-calorie", but it sounds completely gross and it's full terrible ingredients. And, fyi, fake sugars actually make you crave sugar even more, so a teaspoon of the real stuff (preferably raw sugar) is a much better choice for your diet.

Sites I really like are: Rachael Ray (she actually has lots of wholesome recipes), cookingchannel.com (again, look for the wholesome recipes full of veggies, etc), meatlessmondays.com, recipegirl.com (some good stuff, just watch for fakes, she sometimes slips), happyveganface.blogspot.com, and foodnetwork.com (you can add recipes to your own recipe box, this is very handy) to name a few. A really good snack (or breakfast) is a whole wheat english muffin with almond butter (or even peanut butter, just make sure the ingredients include peanuts & salt, no sugar). It's a great balance of whole carbs and a good fat that keeps you full. Oh another site: go to facebook.com/ericainthecity and click on Fit Piglet, she is SO helpful!!! You can ask her anything!

Love ya Mom, you are doing great! Sorry to have written a book, but I hope this helps!