Eggplant

Options
Anybody know any easy recipes using eggplant?

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Anybody know any easy recipes using eggplant?
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I slice it and put it in the oven with a small amount of olive oil and salt brushed on (like 1 T for an entire eggplant). Then I layer it with basil and tomatos for a salad. With some balsamic on the top!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tons! You can cut it in half, brush with a little olive, oil, bake till soft. Then scoop out the insides, mash and mix with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil and you have a dip or spread.

You can slice, brush with olive oil and grill. Then add salt, pepper, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar. And you have a side dish. It is great if you grill other veggies with it such as zucchine, peppers, onions and mushrooms too. You can also crumble goat cheese and add some fresh herbs, Add some grilled tomatoes and you have ratatouille. (can also be done in the oven)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am on a eggplant kick I use it in my omelets, pitas, burritos lol i know funny but I do. You can just bake it in a pan of tomato sauce sprinkle alittle cheese....YUMMY
  • pussycatsandtoast
    Options
    I slice it, brush it with olive oil, sprinkle with a LITTLE salt & pepper and grill it on an indoor electric grill and eat it as is. Sometimes I even put the slices between two pieces of bread and some raw spinach for an awesome eggplan sandwich!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of good recipes I found on Cooking Light that I put in the recipe section on here. I will bump them up for you. The baked eggplant with mushroom and tomato sauce is SOO good. I made it twice in one week!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of good recipes I found on Cooking Light that I put in the recipe section on here. I will bump them up for you. The baked eggplant with mushroom and tomato sauce is SOO good. I made it twice in one week!

Cooking Light is one of my fav magazines. Great recipes! My only problem is remembering in which issue they are in! However, you can also find them on their website.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I slice it, brush it with olive oil, sprinkle with a LITTLE salt & pepper and grill it on an indoor electric grill and eat it as is. Sometimes I even put the slices between two pieces of bread and some raw spinach for an awesome eggplan sandwich!

Hey - thanks for the Eggplant sandwich idea!! I got some at the Farmers Market today and heated it with olive oil and salt & pepper in my cast iron skillet, then put it on some toast with garden fresh tomato slices, a thinly sliced white radish, and spinach!! It was sooooooo yummy :tongue: Thanks for the great idea!!