Somebody Please Smack Me!!!

Options
Okay, so I have been on a 3-day food binge. Somebody please smack me so I can snap out of it!! I guess I need to smack myself! I have been with mfp for 2 months and been doing well (until now). I have lost 13 pounds in those 2 months, been working out hard (Insanity, running), and had great willpower for once. All of a sudden I have lost my willpower and am wanting to eat everything in sight. I am so irritated with myself. I was way over my calorie limit for 2 or the last 3 days. Ugh. Ugh. So I am trying to make myself snap out of it and begin anew starting right now. Anyone else have/had this problem? Any advice/*kitten* kicking appreciated!!

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    snap out of it!!!! you can do it!!! we are all here to help!!! so no more excuses and just get back to it!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sFun_comp.gif all i could find was a punch.
    The only advice I can give is get back on the horse.Stressing over it will just help it continue.Slip ups happen to everyone
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself, just start fresh tomorrow. You have the formula for success here and it is waiting anytime.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago... it got me feeling so down on myself.

You just have to get back on track. Tomorrow is a new day.

There will be times like this. Just don't let it defeat you :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    *smack* Snap out of it!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w220179450.jpg
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Why are you so afraid of succeeding? Let go of what has been and start now doing what you know you need to do...

Only you can make it happen!
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    ive binged too, but tomorrow im getting back with it! snap out of it! do you want to gain back that weight you worked so hard to lose? take a deep breath, and look objectively at what you've been eating. does that look like a way you want to live? no? then cut it out!

tomorrow is a new day! start it with a completely new outlook! you cant be perfect, so put it behind you and move on.

: )
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    w220179450.jpg

LMAO!!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Somebody slap ME!!! lol!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    SMACK!! You can do this! You just fell off and obviously you don't like it. So please get back on track tomorrow. Your doing great. No time like the present.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So, you had some indulgences...you can't change that. This happens to everyone. The most important thing is what you do next. T

Are you going to give up on a healthier lifestyle because it is too hard, or get back up on the horse? Think of where you want to be in two months. Gaining the weight back? Or losing more? If you go into tomorrow with an attitude of confidence, you'll be OK.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That ewok is frightening.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I felt a weekend like that coming on but it turned out to be just friday because I felt so physically gross after stuffing myself. Everybody falls off the wagon, just find your resolve and get back on!!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    3 days of bing won't make you big ,it takes long time to become fat.Same with loosing it! Just be good again,starting tomorrow!Start with healthy breakfast.
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just start over fresh tomorrow! You won't gain those 13 pounds back over a few days worth of slacking, even if you gain a pound or two back, you're still way ahead of where you were when you started. Mustering the willpower is hard work, but it's necessary, and you also know you have it in you, because you've done it before! Just remind yourself about all the hard work you put in these past two months, and think how much worse you'll feel if you DO give up and gain back those 13 pounds!
  • james1027
    Options
    GUILT! Never let guilt get you down. It has no purpose. Guilt will only discourage you. My advice if a person gets off track is to let the past go and focus on doing better going forward. Forgive yourself the slight eating binge, you will/can do better.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    SMACK! I agree the Ewok is scary!
  • GingerIJones
    GingerIJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I put my I pad on it helps me to drown out my tough inner critic. I need to keep that old negative fart at bay because a new me without him is so much happier. I drown myself in my food and feel so horrible when I do. But when I eat right I feel so good and I have more mental and physical energy. I am trying really hard right now and am doing so good. BUT I know I will overeat again (probably many times "hope not"). BUT I hope we can all do better more than we do bad. That means we are mostly feeling and looking pretty darn good. If we never did bad I guess we would never feel so good when we did good. :)
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and *kitten* kicking! lol I really needed the "punch" and "smack", and Phil - not sure WHAT that is, but it is definitely motivating! ha!ha! Funny! I feel a little better (although bloated) lol. I am starting fresh RIGHT NOW before I gain anymore weight back. Thanks again!:happy:

By the way, I love mfp. The support is fantastic. I feel better already!