heart rate monitors

Options
Any advice on what type of hrm to purchase. I want to get a more accurate count of my calories. I'm trying to get one that'll work but won't hurt my pockets. Any suggestions?

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Walmart, $50 comes with a watch and chest strap. counts calories and connects to the machines at the gym as well
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I really like it!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    Walmart, $50 comes with a watch and chest strap. counts calories and connects to the machines at the gym as well

any idea on the name.. we have a few like that here.. different brands, so don't know which one to pick u cause i want to get an hrm too. thanks..
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Polar Heart Rate Monitors. They're pretty close to ECG accurate. I've found that the calorie counts are a little better than Garmin or Timex.

I usually buy mine from heartratemonitorsusa.com.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    I love my Polar HRM I purchased at Target almost 3 years ago. It was pricey (aprox $75) but by far the very best investment I've made in myself. It connects with the cardio machines in my gym, shows me how long I've been in the zone, how high my HR gets too, what my avg HR is for a timed duration, and of course counts the calories I burn for an activity. I wear it whenever I do something physical such as working out in the gym, jogging outside, downhill skiing, hiking up in the mountains, or even shopping. Not sure what the other HRM brands are like but my Polar has been great for me. It acts like new after using it for almost 3 years now. Good luck!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got my polar on sale at Sears for almost half of what I found them online!
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    Polar.
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a Puma, however the vast majority of users swear by their Polar. Make sure it comes with a chest strap. You can find Polars easily in most large stores (ie. Walmart), or on line at amazon.com in the $50 range Great investment.
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile:

any idea on the name.. we have a few like that here.. different brands, so don't know which one to pick u cause i want to get an hrm too. thanks..

I don't know the kind the above post was referring to however my first HRM I purchased was the SX Universal Combo from Walmart and I had to return it because it was crap. That is why I decided to purchase my polar FT7 instead.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Sigma Onyx Balance HRM on Amazon for $66 with FREE shipping this past week. I am still waiting for it to arrive- should be any day now. I did a lot of research on HRM's before buying and the Sigma is supposed to have a more advanced technology than the Polar ones in regards to the chest strap.

Add me as a friend if you want updates on how this monitor is working for me.