Guilt...

Options
I couldn't do it. I have been on top of everything for twos weeks, and tonight I had 3 slices of pizza. OMG! The guilt was horrid. I ended up doing an extra 15min on my elliptical - feel somewhat better, but not completely. I know I have to give in a little bit now and then, but to get through the guilt is the killer. PS. Happy Easter everyone! And I didn't have any chocolate .... impressive. :tongue:

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too guilty :) sometimes we just have to have pizza! Besides, you say you didn't have any chocolate and that seems like a big win to me. (p.s. i didn't have any chocolate around, but would have eaten a piece if I had)
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe most guilt is useless and destructive. I think it should be a learning experience... and you shouldn't disregard the life lesson, but it can lead to a downward spiral.

So, you indulged and had pizza. Okay. Three slices. What was the bad part? Was it not planned for? Was it over your calorie limit? Find what you'd do differently, learn from it... and be okay with it.

In 5 minutes, it's a new hour - you can start fresh. It's never too late.

Best of luck to you!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why habitual undereating really never works. It's not about quantity of food - it's about only quality. If you cut out the sugars, grains, empty carbs - the cravings will go away and you'll be leaned out in no time.

Undereating your calories and restriction just doesn't work long term. Eat tons of veggies and meat - plenty of fat and you will feel so much better!
  • Hbartels
    Hbartels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As hokey as it is, I really like the YOU:On a Diet policy- if you make a diet mistake, just recognize it, reaffirm your commitment to your diet and "make a u-turn". This thought process gives you a way to distance yourself from the behavior you wish to change without encouraging guilt or feelings of defeat. If we lived in a magical healthy bubble, it would be easy. Since we don't, there are bound to be times that we go with the crowd and eat whatever's in front of us. Just make those times the exception. :)
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You feel guilty for 3 slices of pizza!?!? Give yourself a break...geez! Seriously though, it's not healthy or normal to be "perfect" all the time. It's ok every once in a while to eat pizza or chocolate or whatever it is that you really like. I am a firm believer that if you don't do that (or at least if I didn't do that) I would fail miserably. Life is to short to deprive yourself 100% of the time :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Don`t feel bad.Everyone has days like that.tomorrow is a new day and you can do better.
    hugs1
    jane
  • healthnut82
    Options
    I went to the movies with my son today and ate a large popcorn and nachos!!! Yikes!!!