Much needed support and motivation :(

Options
MFP is such a wonderful place. It's the only place I've ever encountered that you can put out your stress and problems and you get good things back. Either way, I need a place to get this off my chest.

I'm going to the hospital to visit my grandpa tomorrow. He's been there for a while after heart surgery...but the entire time the focus was on rehabilitation and the belief that he was getting better. This week things took a dramatic turn for the worse and his situation is deteriorating quickly. Not exactly shocking, but close. I'm sad, but I also know it's for the best because he's been in pain for quite a while. I've always been really close to him and my grandma, so this is a lot to handle. Not to mention receiving attitude from my employer and school about taking time off for the inevitable funeral coming soon...how dare I have personal things going on. I'm really not even sure if I can get anything off.

I'm standing on the edge of panic...I'm in pain, working constantly, I have 5 huge term projects due next week, and I also have final exams next week. I've always had a lot of stress in my life, but even I can't believe how huge the pile is right now. I just want a day or two to reset. I want to take the time to be sad and process what's going on, and be there for my mom.

Advice, words of wisdom, etc are deeply appreciated.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath or 2.you sure have a lot going on.It`s hard to see the ones we love in pain.
    Praying for you and your family.
    hang in there.
    jane
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hey little one....even if it's for just 15 minutes...sit, relax by yourself and think of all the good moments you've had with your grandparents. If you have a counselor at school, ask for a small break. I'm a heart patient myself...I have a lot of faith in God..if you believe....ask for peace...I'll pray for you too.
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    Let me start by saying that I have been where you are. This happened to me with 3 of my grandparents, and it's tough. It will take time, But you and your family will get through this. I think it's unbelievable that your employer and school are not being more sympathetic. Don't let those factors stop you from handling this situation however you need to. Take as much time as you need, whether it's a day, two, a week, whatever to process what's happening and be with your family. You need that time to reset, as you said, especially if you're also preparing for finals. I really hope your stress starts to lessen soon and I'm sorry you have to go through something like this. I'm also a college student, so feel free to add me as a friend. Best wishes :)
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and kindness :) I'm feeling a bit better today. I got to go and visit my grandpa yesterday with my family, and I've been also sorting out the things I need to do for work and school. I'm just going to play it day by day. At work today I realized my employer is actually more supportive than I thought...which is definitely a good thing.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and kindness :) I'm feeling a bit better today. I got to go and visit my grandpa yesterday with my family, and I've been also sorting out the things I need to do for work and school. I'm just going to play it day by day. At work today I realized my employer is actually more supportive than I thought...which is definitely a good thing.

Glad to hear this...thank you for updating us.