Scars

binary_jester
binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
It is finally getting to the point I can start riding again. Can't wait to get mack to mt bike riding. Hopefully this year will be less injurious than last year, although I ended up with this pretty cool scar.

2011-04-24_23-16-39_822.jpg

Got that from this from going over this log pile...

59038_1612503637330_1378446907_1642942_3799707_n.jpg

The crank on my mt bike went straight up my calf. War wounds rock!

Any way. Got a weird/cool scar? Put it up.

Forgive the reptilian appearance of my calf. I need to moisturize. LOL

Replies

• Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    I've got some bad scars all over, don't have a picture of it but I have a scar going down my right calf that is quite long, was an inch deep and an inch across......28 stitches. I have a picture of it with the stitches but that might be too gross for people.
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    I have one on my elbow
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Cute lil girls
  • binary_jester
    I also have them on my knees from playing touch football on asphalt. Back of my hand from where a dog bit me. Under my eye where I went head first into a cactus and the needle was about an 1/4" from going into my eye.

And a long scar on my back from a knife fight in a biker bar.

...ok not really, but it sounded cool.
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    nothing cool like that or with a cool story :(
    I have one on my right shoulder that looks like a bullet wound. When people ask if I got shot I say yes, if they ask for details i tell them that the shot was lidocaine because I had a mole removed there. The stitches split when I was catching my son (while he attempted a dare devil move that would have left him scarred) and so what should have been a straight scar ended up about 1.5'' wide and 2'' long with lines through it from stretched tissue that was in the process of scarring and dots around the edges from the stitches.
    I have 2 on my chest that loook like little stab wounds from a direct line from a surgery a couple years ago.
    I have one deep scar on my back, left of the spine, that sort of folds my back, its very very deep. That's from a spinal fusion, then little dots across the small of my back from the drains.
    Then another one on my back, smaller than the big one and right down the center from another spinal surgery a year ago. Its not as deep and only like 16'' long maybe? (6-8'' smaller than the other and half as wide)
    I have a few small circular scars on my face - chicken pox and a mole removal (dang "concerning" moles that turn out to be nothing!)
    then ya know, lots of growing up little scars and stupid shaving incidents lol but those are my main scars that get the MOST questions.
    You'd be surprised how many people see my shoulder scar and assume I somehow had a bullet go from there to my back and that accounts for the scars on my back. I just shake my head at that one. I really don't look like I get shot at often. I don't think at least.
    Only thing that sucks about my scars (I used to be embarassed by them but I'm not now, they're just a picture in my story now) is that some are incredibly painful and sensitive. For instance, I can't wear jeans because they hurt my scars on my back and I have to make sure all my tops are soft and have the RIGHT drape because they hurt all the time. Its a real PITA!

Although...when random strangers say "DUDE!! What's that scar from?!" I do make up cool stories sometimes...
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    OUCH you beat me!!! I just have scars from burns I got when chef training!!! :laugh:
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    I also have them on my knees from playing touch football on asphalt. Back of my hand from where a dog bit me. Under my eye where I went head first into a cactus and the needle was about an 1/4" from going into my eye.

I'm TOTALLY using that story!!!
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    I have a scar on my knee from falling down the stairs....that's all I got. lol. I'm putting vitamin E oil on mine to lighten it up though.
  • binary_jester

I'm TOTALLY using that story!!!
    Instead of a knife...say it was a broken beer bottle.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    i could tell you all about my scars
    but i'd rather show them to you.....

again :love:
  • binary_jester
    i could tell you all about my scars
    but i'd rather show them to you.....

again :love:
    Tiger Growl
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Cool scar, i'm constantly covered in bruises on my legs, i have no clue as to how they come about.. i guess i'm clumsy as or someone is attacking me in my dreams..
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Ha i have lots of scars.

I have one under my chin from when my brother picked me up from behind and i guess under estimated my weight....17 stitches at 3 or 4 years old.

I sadly have a light one around my waist from..fun fun shingles:( Around 8-10

I have one on my arm by my wrist from...Dermatomyositis 5 years old

I just got a small one on my hand..its little but still i have plenty. Last week dang it

Those are the major ones worth mentioning and i hate them ALL!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    I actually did a photo essay of my major scars for a class I took in grad school--after 14 surgeries...I have some doozies!

I don't have any of them on this computer, but I'll try and post later.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Not from bike riding or exercise but I have a long scar down the middle of my chest with a couple of tiny ones on either side of it which have faded a lot from open heart surgery 4 1/2 years ago. At first I was shy about any of it showing, wouldn't wear anything below my neckline but then I changed my thoughts and now if anyone sees the top of it with a lower blouse neckline I explain it and inside I think to myself that that's the door to my heart....the door to my second chance at life.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    I have no scars on my right leg... yet.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I have been trying to figure out which body part that is in your picture, but no clue so far!

I have a 2 inch appendix scar and an 8 inch caesarean one. Apart from that, nothing major. I have a little 2 inch one on my left arm from walking into a door on my 18th birthday. I hadn't even been drinking, I am just a klutz.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    I have a little one right at the corner of my left eye. Got that when I was 11 going up the wet, slippery cement stairs of a waterslide.
  • binary_jester
    I have been trying to figure out which body part that is in your picture, but no clue so far!

I have a 2 inch appendix scar and an 8 inch caesarean one. Apart from that, nothing major. I have a little 2 inch one on my left arm from walking into a door on my 18th birthday. I hadn't even been drinking, I am just a klutz.
    It is the back of my calf
This discussion has been closed.