Dear fat.

Options
Dear Fat,

We have know each other for many years. You arrived in my life when there was turmoil and I ate to sedate the loss I was feeling. You stayed with me, buidling up inside me and helped to psychologically insulate myself from the world. Year after year you hung on as I continued to eat to fix hurt after hurt and dissapointment after dissapointment. You stuck around when others didn't. You did serve a purpose.
But, the time has come that I must let you go. Its not you, its me. You see I have learned to deal with dissapointments, anger and hurt in much healthier ways. I now exercise daily and sweat and actually enjoy it. What I am trying to say is that our relationship is over. I do not need your assistance anymore. I dare say, you are no longer welcome. I would like you to collect your belongings and leave my body soon. It is ok if it takes you a while to get all your things out since this is such short notice but I would eventually like you to be gone. Don't forget the love handels, you brought those into this relationship. Its only fair that you take them with you. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Me.

Replies