How do you guys log exercise for zumba workouts?

Options
I simply type in "zumba" hoping for a ton of results, but nothing! Really?
How do I log this?

I just did 37 out of a 45 minute zumba video. It contained reggaeton, belly dancing, and salsa.

Replies

• prattylessfatty
    prattylessfatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do "dancing, aerobic, modern, twist" option. I work at a gym that has Zumba classes daily and we have literature that says in a 1 hour Zumba class you can burn 700-900 calories.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    before I got my HRM I logged it as high impact aerobics.
    the burn was about the same for me when i went back and compared.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do "dancing, aerobic, modern, twist" option. I work at a gym that has Zumba classes daily and we have literature that says in a 1 hour Zumba class you can burn 700-900 calories.
    Awesome, this works out. I'm just so surprised that it's not its own group. Huh, but thanks! :D
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    before I got my HRM I logged it as high impact aerobics.
    the burn was about the same for me when i went back and compared.
    I realllllyy need to get myself one of those. :o!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Same here. I take Zumba once a week and I've been belly dancing for a couple of years. I'm curious to know how many calories those activities really burn for me. A heart rate monitor would probably be the best way to find out.
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I too do belly dancing and Zumba. I find for belly dancing I will burn around 350 -400 cals an hour and for Zumba I burn around 400 - 500 cals an hour depending on the class, the teacher, the type of dance we do.
  • ellygirl7
    ellygirl7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Really? 700-900 calories in an hour? Couldn't afford a class so I started doing the ones I saw on youtube. Did about an hour of zumba vids. I'm so proud of myself.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    love the zumba /hip hop combo at the gym! so much fun that I dont feel like im working out. just having fun!