Easter Schmeaster!!!

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
After a full day where my kids ate 90% chocolate yesterday, after they went to bed, i ditched 2.4kg of chocolate. I left it at my mother inlaws house so she can take it to a nursing home (or whatever else she decides to do with it).

RIDICULOUS!!! I'm really quite angry with all the family and friends who bought my kids that much chocolate. They ate chocolate ALL DAY, and I kept a couple of bits and pieces for them to eat next week, and i kept a couple of little treats for me and my partner, and after all that, there was 2.4kg....

I've decided that it is bordering on abuse to give a 2 year and a 4 year old that much chocolate. I never got that much chocolate as a child, and look at me, overweight, battling over eating. I WILL NOT DO IT TO MY CHILDREN. And next year, the same, if they all go and buy my kids ridiculous quantities of chocoalte, i will put it straight in the bin, right in front of their faces. It's not on. My kids don't need all that.

Why can't they leave the decisions up to the easter bunny how much is required....

All those kind giving thoughts just made me angry, so angry that i've had to make the choice to get rid of the lot, and wasted all their hard earned money.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    After a full day where my kids ate 90% chocolate yesterday, after they went to bed, i ditched 2.4kg of chocolate. I left it at my mother inlaws house so she can take it to a nursing home (or whatever else she decides to do with it).

RIDICULOUS!!! I'm really quite angry with all the family and friends who bought my kids that much chocolate. They ate chocolate ALL DAY, and I kept a couple of bits and pieces for them to eat next week, and i kept a couple of little treats for me and my partner, and after all that, there was 2.4kg....

I've decided that it is bordering on abuse to give a 2 year and a 4 year old that much chocolate. I never got that much chocolate as a child, and look at me, overweight, battling over eating. I WILL NOT DO IT TO MY CHILDREN. And next year, the same, if they all go and buy my kids ridiculous quantities of chocoalte, i will put it straight in the bin, right in front of their faces. It's not on. My kids don't need all that.

Why can't they leave the decisions up to the easter bunny how much is required....

All those kind giving thoughts just made me angry, so angry that i've had to make the choice to get rid of the lot, and wasted all their hard earned money.

Good for you! That's the attitude that we need! I also think it's gross how much candy some kids eat. I also did not eat near as much chocolate as I see kids eat now. I was never big but I was also very active.

Another time of the year where I just get sick to my stomach of all the sugar consumption... Christmas time.
  • SarahBearNZ
    SarahBearNZ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i sympathise. I was dreading going to my mums this weekend due to the amount of chocolate she would give our son. Thankfully she has listened to reason and didn't get chocolate this year, in past years it was chocolate overload and even when we said no more she would sneak it to him. As if we don't know how to parent our child or know when he has had enough.
    We have a bit of chocolate here but it is rationed and no doubt will still have some in a month!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Wholehearted agreement! I rarely got chocolate as a child as well & still wound up overweight. Either tell them in advance not to give it or just throw it away & tell them it is not allowed. Your children will more than likely throw a fit if they find out that it was thrown away... DO NOT give in! They won't understand, but you know that you are doing them a favor. Best of luck to you!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    The mother of my god children actually asked us all not to bring the kids any chocolate, so I bought each of the kids a small gift from the easter bunny instead - and it also meant I was not tempted to get any for myself...
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well, i've made it clear that there was a lot of chocolate wasted this year, and next year i will warn them a month or so ahead and tell them clearly that they are not to buy any chocolate, that the easter bunny is the only one who will be supplying chocolate. and that is that.

it is disgraceful, and unfair to impose this on kids.

i even saw my nephew (3 y o) pushing (actually shoving) my daughter (2 y o) away from him because she was trying to give him more chocolate. He obviously didn't want it, but there was just so much.... they don't even want it, but here we (adults in general) are shoving it down their poor little throats, and then blaming anyone else (corporations etc.) that all our kids are overweight.