so disheartened

Options
I feel so disheartened - I'm desperate to lose my flab and I am really good to begin with in regards with my food and exercise but I dont seem to have any will power now. Ive started going to the gym twice a week but nothing on my body is changing, I think I want a quick fix which I know is not going to happen but it doesn't make me feel any better. Does anyone have any tips to get me put of this rutt? x

Replies

• amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Maybe read some of the topics in the 'success stories' forum? That way you can see first hand how hard work pays off! I also like to read the sticky topics (the ones that are always at the top of the list in each forum) to help put me back on track.
  • dungardove
    Options
    I hear your pain, I'm the very same, truly sick of walking every day and sticking to my calorie allowance but not a move on the weight. Someone suggested I eat all my calorie allowance which I'm currently doing. Hopefully that will work.
  • L4iney
    L4iney Posts: 6
    Options
    Sorry to sound so upbeat about this subject and apologies if it seems like I'm stating the obvious but you'll only get out of this what you put in to it.

Is it possible to add another gym session to your week? Summer is just around the corner, doesn't that want to make you focus on trimmimg down a little, walking more, eating fresh food?

Good luck with getting out of the rut - you'll make it girl - you're on here for a reason - you'll find your way again! x
  • jfrogman
    jfrogman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's called Six week body make over. I tried alll kinds of diets and exercise workouts and nothing has worked for me untill I tried it. My friends and I wanted to get together and have a weight loss challage and I tried Six week body make over out. I lost over 40 lbs. in 10 weeks and still losing weight. It jump starts your weight loss and if you stay with it, it will keep coming off. The best part about it is you don't have to give up carbs and stuff and your eating all the time. Im not trying to sale the Six week body make over i'm just simply saying it worked for me. Hope this helps.
  • frecks
    frecks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think in my head I wonder why I have bothered changing. I now walk to and from work which is 15mins each way (not long but better than driving), going to the gym twice a week for an hour and if I ma out shopping and there are lifts & escalators I use the stairs but im not budging. Im still fat and nothing is changing. And I don't know how that woman on the wii fit advert reckons she lost all her weight on the wii! Tried that before.

I just hate feeling like this :(
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain, I'm the very same, truly sick of walking every day and sticking to my calorie allowance but not a move on the weight. Someone suggested I eat all my calorie allowance which I'm currently doing. Hopefully that will work.
    PLEASE let me know if it does - I'm scared to eat all that I'm allowed but not getting anywhere now :sad:
    Thanks
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Stay positive hun, I have been doing at least 30 mins of exercise on the wii fit every other day for a year and only managed to loose 1 stone, this has gone up and down like a yoyo for the whole time. Calorie counting seems to be the only way to go so that is why I have started using this site. I lost a lot of weight many years ago for my wedding but halfway through it just stopped and a fitness person told me I needed to shake my fitness routine up, check what I was eating and make sure I ate enough colories. This re-activated my weight loss as I started calorie counting again like it was my first time. It may be worth you doing that and maybe change the exercise you usually do for something new and completely different. Don't loose site of what you want to acheive and what you have already done.
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that you didn't get in the shape you are in overnight; so the weight won't come off overnight either. I've had a rather rude awakening over the past couple of times I've eaten at restaurants. Ordered what APPEARED to be a healthy choice, plugged it in to MFP and nearly FAINTED! It's no wonder that I'm overweight because my perceptions of healthy choices apparently are skewed. I'm starting the 30 day shred today and I play racquetballl regularly with hubby, but really need to get in control of my diet...

Best of luck to you...slow and steady wins THIS race....hang in there!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Here are my thoughts: If possible, add another work out or two to your week. If you're only doing cardio, consider adding weight training. Also, I think you should try eating all of your calories each day--but be very, very honest and accurate when you track what you eat (remember that each bite, lick, and taste has calories, as do veggies and fruit). HTH and good luck!
    -LP
  • frecks
    frecks Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Im feeling more positive just reading these comments. I think my next move is to take a pic of my self in my bikini and leave it next to my bed so every morning when I wake up, I'm reminding myself of what I look like. x
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Pictures and measurements are both great because your body compositions can change even when your weight doesn't.
    -LP