Convict Conditioning - Bust free of all weakness!

Options
Anybody doing the Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade?? My boyfriend and i are using the book to built up our strength and tone up by doing this hard core calisthenics. The book starts off pretty easy but when you build up the steps in tmie you will learn the 'master step' for instance doing one hand pushups...upside down, handstand style!!!
Just wondering if anybody else is doing this on here cause ive never seen it brought up in the forums. Be great to get other peoples opinions on it, ive only been using it 2 weeks, but ive been on myfitness pal for 4-5 months and my main excercise is running. The convict conditioning is fun and seems brilliant for toning up.
Any convicts out there??? lol

Replies

• brianlocal3
    brianlocal3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    CC is a great book. Mr. Wade does a fantastic job with his progression steps. Nothing "new" but he actually lays out food solid plans for you. I have and will always be a proponet of BW work. You should look into mark laurens book called You Are Your Own Gym. Fantastic system, down to earth and very Hoorah!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the book on my nook last week and am flying through it. My question is the first few steps of the push-ups seem a bit easy (I've done P90X). Do you still recommend doing the program as designed?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Convict Conditioning is in the books. I was ready to jump ahead to some of the higher up steps, but after speaking with several people over on the Dragondoor forums I decided to follow the plan as designed and start from the very beginning. I have to say I am quite surprised at how tough wall pushups and knee tucks can be when done with proper form and when you take your time. I am now looking forward to seeing what this program can do for me and my family.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi. Anyone out there still with CC?