Trying to get back to me

Options
I am not sure how to introduce myself. I am 30, I had 4th baby in 6 years my youngest is about 10 months. Every pregnancy I suffered from hyperemises....SP? sorry, which means I was sick, up to 12x a day, not normal morning sickness so my weight in pregnancy I would drop 25-40lbs and then slowly I would put it back on plus some once baby came, because honestly to starve like that makes you binge once you are able to eat again, my thyroid was also screwed up the last few months of pregnancy but has since returned to normal. I did breastfeed each baby for up to 6 months and since I've stopped with this one I've put on 12 lbs. I know I need to stop the binge. It's a terrible habit.... We've also moved to Japan, so Iife is stressful.
I want to be me again. After all these years of pregnancy and babies, it's finally time I put myself up front also. So I am 5'8 and depending on the day have weighed up to 220lbs :(
I want my kids to be proud of me and I certainly don't want to be known as the "Fat Mom" either.
So "Operation:Find Me" as begun......

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!! I am glad to see that you are focusing on you...being 30 myself with only 1 kiddo I can imagine how hard this must be for you with 4!! You have def taken the right step in reaching your goals :) good luck to you..and feel free to add me as a friend if you need some extra support!
  • apple_sadie28
    Options
    Thank you!! It is so tough, you don't realize how much of a toll it takes until you look at yourself! ha ha, I just started college again also. I am definately serious about trying to find myself again. :)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Being in another country must feel isolating for you. This site offers a good online community of people who are supportive of one another. I hope you continue to find yourself in your kids in your classes in your wrds and the spaces in between. Through all of that I hope you find your inner beauty and outer glorious shape. Feel free to friend me if you wat. I've only been on the site for a few weeks, but have already found it very valuable as a way to stay on track.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Very well said peacehawk! I know what it's like to have a full schedule and to want to "find yourself" again... I have never taken classes with my kids at home, but I have 5 :smile: Feel free to friend me for motivation and support! :flowerforyou:
  • apple_sadie28
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I am so excited to start this journey! :)
    I am sure I will need loads of motivation!