Beginners doing P90X...

Options
Do you do anything else as far as exercise, like walking, etc. I just wondered I am a beginner & don't want to overdue it, but this weekend I knew it would be hard to eat within my calories because of gatherings I was going to and I thought about doing other exercise besides the P90X DVD for the day. Just wanting to get some input.

Replies

• YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    It really depends on how you feel. If u are a beginner I would not Excerise because your body needs to rest and probably soar. ( I was). I ve been doing it for 3 weeks and I jog when I have energy but only on like yoga day or rest day when the work out isn't that strenuous
    Hope this helps good luck
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    It really depends on how you feel. If u are a beginner I would not Excerise because your body needs to rest and probably soar. ( I was). I ve been doing it for 3 weeks and I jog when I have energy but only on like yoga day or rest day when the work out isn't that strenuous
    Hope this helps good luck

Yeah, today is yoga so I thought of even just walking or biking for 15-20 min.
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today I start week 6.

I have started riding my recumbent bike a couple days a week. Mainly to help see new weight loss achievements on the scale (sweating it off), as the p90x was not helping in that category like I expected. This is even with following the p90x fat burn diet. Yesterday, went to the bike trail and played lots of wii and did housework to burn calories. Your body will tell you when you want to do extra. Think of it as a form of modified doubles program.

My wife and I have not skipped a workout yet. This has caused many dinners to be consumed at 10:30pm+, but we are committed to get them in. I always follow the p90x schedule first, ie no skipping of Yoga or stretch as many complain about it being boring. If you are big on logging everything you do, get a Heart Rate Monitor for accurate logging of your calorie burn.

The p90x program works as advertised. My overall physical fitness has improved, losing inches all over, ability to run/move has improved, I am dissapointed I am not losing much weight. However, I lost a lot of weight before I started the program so maybe I lost all the "easy" pounds, and did not have those left.

I will be glad to provide more details or ideas on the program that my wife and I are using. If you are going to follow the diet plans (you paid for them, why not), you must plan ahead. If you plan 3 days or so at a time, it makes it very simple.

Bring It!!!