I reached my first goal~!!!!!

Options
:bigsmile: I can't believe it! I reached my first goal this morning! I wanted to reach this goal by tomorrow morning and I did it! It took 3 and a half months to lose 16 pounds but I did it! I can remember thinking that 16 pounds was such a huge goal and that I probably wouldn't be able to do it.. but I was wrong. I just reset my goals to lose more and Im excited and confident that it will happen! To anyone out there that feels like its too hard or that their goals are unreachable... don't give up! Im so glad I didn't ... another good idea is set your goals small. I chose not to set such a huge goal at first so that I could reach it and feel great and then set another! At least that way works for me! Today is a great day. I love myfitnesspal.com! :heart: :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I have not set goals yet...maybe I should. I have a huge fear of failure, so it is easier to not set goals.( Need to rethink....) Way to go!!!!!!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off! I too have lost 16lbs, you just don't realize how much weight that is until you grab weights weighing that much and try carrying them around for a little while. Amazing! Goal #2 will be a breeze now that you know how reaching your 1st makes you feel :happy: Be encouraged and good luck on your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I completely agree that we need to set several smaller goals along the path to our ultimate goal. This gives us those rewarding feelings of accomplishing something along the way!! Great job!!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Aww, its always nice to hear stories like this. Well done :smile:
  • Bigsportygirl
    Bigsportygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wooo hoooo! Corgratulations!
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    Congrats!
    Great job!!! I have not set goals yet...maybe I should. I have a huge fear of failure, so it is easier to not set goals.( Need to rethink....)
    Set realisitic, acheivable goals and you won't fail. Try it. You'll be surprised at what you can do when you put your mind to it.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • qtrplusfarm
    Options
    Congratulations!:happy: It is such a feeling of accomplishment when you reach you goals. I have set my goal on here as the final goal, but I keep a smaller goal on my computer as a reminder. I enjoy seeing that number of pounds lost going up on my home page. I also have reached a goal this weekend I have lost a total of 30.6 pounds since I started on this journey. I still have 80 pounds to go till I reach my goal weight but I will do it. I have rewards for every small goal that I accomplish and I enjoy changing my fitness needs on here to fit what I am doing. I am so glad that there are others on this journey with me!:flowerforyou:
  • Ctyndall81
    Options
    Kykykenna,

Im the same way! My husband actually suggested the idea to me. I'm glad he did. He said I should set goals that are reachable to build my confidence in my weight loss journey. I used to give up if I didn't reach a goal but if the goal is smaller and you reach it ... it makes you want to reach another! Good luck to you!!!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Ctyndall, By gosh I think I may just set myself a goal today!!! SCARED!!!!!!!!!!! (Horrible way to be really...my husband is always saying to me that my fear of failure stops me from doing a LOT) Here is to the first goal I set, then!!! :) THANKS!!!!!!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!