Lessons learned...

Options
Well, i went away for a weekend away from MFP. It was, if nothing else, a good learning experience for my dieting. Sure i had fun and feel blessed to spend time with fun people and family, but it's hard to keep your dieting in check when there's peer pressure to eat otherwise. So, i spent the weekend eating garbage and not exercising and not getting enough water...and today, i pay the price. I've had a constant stomach ache since Friday night and am really dehydrated. I forced myself out to a run this morning and had an okay pace time, for me, but it was harder then it should've been, probably because i ate so much sodium and fat this weekend and drank so little water. So, lessons learned...i'm not ready to moderate myself with my portions or my food choices. It's back to MFP hard core this week so i can get back on track...

Replies

• HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    It's crazy how that works, isn't it? Your body gets used to certain foods and when you stray from that, you pay the price and wonder if it was even worth it. 9 times out of 10, it isn't worth it at all.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    that first bite of "bad" food was soooo worth it...but i should've stopped there :)
  • momtothreegirls
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I feel bloated and like I've gained 10 lbs! Back on track and thankful there isn't another holiday for awhile! Hopefully by then I can learn to only eat the good stuff, but then again at our family get togethers there is nothing healthy!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I went up to Jersey, where there's a ton of good food, but people seem to take offense if you just don't 'keep eating'. I did manage to get some good exercising in all of that but I agree, there was a point in there where I should have just stopped and I wouldn't be thirsty all day long now--- everything I eat seems to taste like salt. It's crazy how it works. Definitely learned my lesson too! :)
  • macsky06
    macsky06 Posts: 2
    Options
    Gosh!!!!! I kfeel the exact same way!!!!!!! Terrible!!!!!!! But, I just hit the gym this morning and am definetly gonna make bettter choices this week:)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'm like that with wheat. I think "I've been good, sod it, I'll have some pasta, or toast or a scone" and I feel like a bloated hippo for the next 18 hours.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya!! Ate everything in sight! And my stomache is killing me!! Then went out for my usual run this morning and my back hurt so bad that I had to quit after two miles. (I have no idea why my back is bothering me. Probably twisted it while I was running???) Anyway, so now when I need to exercise the most, I couldn't do it!! Later today, after some ibuprofen and rest, Im gonna see if I can get do something else (cardio) to make my tummy ache go away!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I too, took a weekend off (at least from watching what I ate). I did walk both Saturday and Sunday, and didn't go completely overboard on eating. Just didn't track everything like I usually do.

I did gain a little, but I can't complain too much, as I've been gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds for several weeks. I'm more or less in maintenance mode, bouncing around between 135-140. I'd like to do that bouncing between 130-135, but truly, any time the scale is less than 140, I'm a happy girl. :smile:

I think we just need to accept that sometimes we need to just enjoy our time with family and friends. As long as we don't use it as a reason to completely give up trying to lose weight or become more active or make better food choices or whatever it is we are trying to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Here's to all of us getting back on track this week!!! (And to the weather straightening out so I can get outside to do my walking on a consistent basis -- the treadmill is getting kind of old).
    Kaye
  • Lakelady48
    Options
    I had a "free" day on Easter, also my birthday. I had several small bites of appetizers and a small plate of food, and really didn't stuff myself in the least. The scale shows 2lb higher, but I know it's mostly the salty ham I ate.

I'm back on my healthy eating today and won't let one day ruin my determination to get healthier. It helps that my daughter has lost 50+ lbs doing MFP and is my greatest inspiration!