Runners??

Options
I'm getting ready to run my second marathon this coming weekend... I've done one 26.2 back in 2008, and have run many half marathons. I also have been doing some trail running during my training season this year!

Are there any Runners here who are struggling to lose a few (or not so few) pounds... or trying to keep their weight in check?

Replies

• kaboyne
    kaboyne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been running since May 2009 I ran my first 10k in May 2010 and am working for the 25k this May. I have lost 40 of the 80 pounds I want to loose so far. I have found that between running and watching food intake it works. Now I am just trying to break the half way point and stop the up and down weeks. I have a foot injury now though so I have to get things in check and order big time!
  • Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well I am not a runner...yet. I have officially signed up for my 1st 5k this June and start training in the "Couch to 5k" this Wednesday. I have alot of weight to loose but many people who have gone threw the program have lost 40+ lbs.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and when I first started back in 2009 I lost some weight and then....nothing. No matter how much I ran. It wasn't until I added weight training that my shape and weight changed the way I really needed and wanted it to.
    Risa
  • mommybgood
    Options
    Well I am not a runner...yet. I have officially signed up for my 1st 5k this June and start training in the "Couch to 5k" this Wednesday. I have alot of weight to loose but many people who have gone threw the program have lost 40+ lbs.

I'm right there with you. I'm on week 2 of the "couch to 5K" feeling good so far, and that's the important thing. Keep moving ;)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am a semi runner. Nowhere near your level! I am aiming for my first half marathon at the moment, in Sept or October. I am also hoping to lose 10lbs or so.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Angiebug are you running in the Kentucky derby marathon this weekend? I am running the half this weekend. I havn't got up the nerve for the full yet....lol I am struggling to loose that last 2 darn pounds. This is my second year running the half.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm a struggling runner. I was doing well about a year ago, and now I'm trying to get myself back into the groove. My goal is to be able to run a half by the time the weather gets cold again.
    I've got a good 40lbs to lose right now.