Silly NSV! (pic included)

Options
allison7922
allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
My kids' Easter candy was sitting beside me for the entire 45 minute commute to work (it's going to the break room so it can be eaten by others!) And I didn't touch ONE piece!! YAY! :tongue: hee hee

candy.jpg

Replies

• dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Good job!
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    Great JOB! Because I was trying to get a piece from the pic :wink:
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yay! I definitely would have eaten some!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    good for you!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    awesome! You should be so proud of yourself
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    lol . . . hand me the starburst . . .just joking . . .good job!
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That was SUCH temptation!

Do you mind if I ask why you buy candy for your kids if you just going to take it to work for others to eat? I'm sure I'll get a lot of angry parents disagreeing with me, but it looks like you have young kids, and it seems like that would not be the best thing for them to eat anyway. I don't have kids, but loading kids up with chocolate and sugar seems like a way to set them on the path of poor dietary choices in the future.
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ha. I do the same thing! I do have a bit of guilt for bringing it to work and contributing to the unhealthiness of others, but if I can have the will power they can do. I can't force healthy eating on them! GREAT JOB IN NOT PARTAKING OF THE FORBIDDEN CANDY! Continued good luck!
  • allison7922
    Options

Do you mind if I ask why you buy candy for your kids if you just going to take it to work for others to eat? I'm sure I'll get a lot of angry parents disagreeing with me, but it looks like you have young kids, and it seems like that would not be the best thing for them to eat anyway. I don't have kids, but loading kids up with chocolate and sugar seems like a way to set them on the path of poor dietary choices in the future.

This was ALL the candy they got from the 3 easter egg hunts they went on! I knew someone would ask that! They got a few little toys and books and a wagon from me and daddy. Also, I don't MAKE anyone eat any of it, I didn't eat any and I'm sure if they are watching calories, etc, they wouldn't eat it either. I also work at a big airline, and I put it in the break room of the airplane mechanics who are burning tons of calories ALL day :wink:
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    oops
  • allison7922
    Options

This was ALL the candy they got from the 3 easter egg hunts they went on! I knew someone would ask that! They got a few little toys and books and a wagon from me and daddy. Also, I don't MAKE anyone eat any of it, I didn't eat any and I'm sure if they are watching calories, etc, they wouldn't eat it either. I also work at a big airline, and I put it in the break room of the airplane mechanics who are burning tons of calories ALL day :wink:

I also want to add that I let my kids have candy but ONLY in moderation and only on special occasions, there is nothing wrong with candy, in my opinion, but they do not get it all the time!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
    We gave our kids books and stuffed animals for easter (and new clothes) but we can't control what others give them.
    (My kids are older too so its harder to take it away once its been given ... I gradually give some of it away in small quantities so they don't notice!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!