Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    bumpin' this baby!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Lovin seeing all the new faces:) This challenge is gonna rock!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Definitely game!
    I need a good challenge. :D
  • amzahn
    amzahn Posts: 5
    Options
    I would like to be included too! :smile:
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Join the "Midsummer Meltdown" challenge beginning Tuesday, 4/26 thru Tuesday, 6/21 (Summer Equinox)!!!

This 8-week challenge will include 2 challenges each week: 1 focusing on exercise and the other on a healthy diet, brought to you each week by a different person.

How to join? Starting Tuesday 4/26 post your current weight (CW) and goal weight (GW) you wish to achieve by Tuesday, 6/21. Then each subsequent Tuesday post your start weight (SW) and that week's current weight (CW). Everyone's weight loss will be tracked & the group's weekly successes will be posted on Wednesdays.

There is a great, supportive group that just completed a "Spring into Fitness" challenge. So come join us if you're looking for that extra motivation to keep your fitness, lifestyle and food goals on track.

Here's to Tuesday weigh-ins, always a lower number day for me. And I know Angela will be happy too :flowerforyou:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I am in need of this!!! I will weigh in Tuesday!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Hi this sounds like a really good idea! Is a bit nervous about the word challenge at the moment though...care to explain further or give an example?
    Yay for the summer equinox reference :love:

Don't be nervous by "challenge", it's all about where you're at. The weekly challenges are diverse and the ultimate aim is to help you incorporate new healthy habits into your life, you do the best you can and everyone gives you lots of support. Some examples from our past challenge group were: try a new exercise 3 times this week, try a new healthy recipe each day and share it with the group, add in 10 extra minutes of a workout each day, etc. The point is to expand your horizons while getting the support of an awesome group of women.

Stick around, you'll love it! :happy:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What an amazing turnout already! So far, we have 38 ladies in the challenge. The more; the merrier! :flowerforyou:

Hi again to everyone from the Spring into Fitness challenge; Welcome! to everyone who's new!! This is going to be awesome!!!

Starting Tuesday 4/26, come back to this thread to post your current weight (CW) & your goal weight (GW) you want to achieve by the end of the challenge. Then every Tuesday afterwards come back to post that week's weight and how much you've lost to date.

Each week we'll have a new exercise & food challenge; post as often as you would like to share how well (or how you might be struggling) with achieving the challenges; how your day is going or vent some frustrations...share whatever you would like to help you stay focused to your overall goal.

We are looking for volunteers to issue food & exercise challenges. Simply post that you'll volunteer and I'll keep track of what week you'll take. Here's our volunteers so far:

WK 4/26 aab1
    WK 5/03 ceejay000
    WK 5/10 nikki8marie
    WK 5/17 oliviawink

So we only need 5 more volunteers...don't worry, it's painless.

WEEK 4/26 FOOD & EXERCISE CHALLENGE

OK, as the first week's challenge, I'm going back to the basics to get everyone into the challenge smoothly.

Food Challenge - To drink 10 glasses of water each day. If you're currently not at 10; it might seem like a lot. But you can easily become acustom to it. A simple trick - use a container that holds more than 1 glass of water.

Exercise Challenge - To exercise at least 30 minutes each day. You choose whatever exercise...workout DVD, biking, walking, running, swimming...what's important is to stay moving for 30 minutes. Get that metabolism working!

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see our weekly successes!!!!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, to Midsummer Meltdown!!! (I'm pretty excited my idea was picked :blushing: ) So, to repay that, I will take a weekly challenge!! Plug me in, Ailene!! So happy we're doing this again, you all are fabulous and have definitely made a difference in my Spring into Fitness!!
    And hooray for Tuesday weigh-ins!! I know Angela, Olivia and my bodies will be happy :bigsmile:
    Ailene, thank you so much for starting us off, and Catie, too :drinker:

Welcome newcomers!! We're a great group of ladies, if I do say so myself!!

Doin the happy, happy dance!!! :heart:

Leslie
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hey, I'd love to come up with the challenges for a week! Let me know if you'd like me to! I may need to be reminded, however. ;-)

10 glasses of water... oh my. I'm going to be peeing every 10 minutes. :laugh: I need to get a brita pitcher for at work, I've decided. The water straight out of the tap is gross, but if I had a brita in the fridge, it would be so easy to fill my bottle back up at work!
  • aab1
    Options
    Hi Leslie!! Glad you found us! :wink:

WK 4/26 aab1
    WK 5/03 ceejay000
    WK 5/10 nikki8marie
    WK 5/17 oliviawink
    WK 5/24 LeslieRoyale

And like that...you've been added! Thanks for taking WK 5/24!!

And then there were 4....
  • aab1
    Options
    Hey, I'd love to come up with the challenges for a week! Let me know if you'd like me to! I may need to be reminded, however. ;-)

@ Stefv86 - thanks for taking a week! I should be able to remind everyone as their week is approaching.

WK 4/26 aab1
    WK 5/03 ceejay000
    WK 5/10 nikki8marie
    WK 5/17 oliviawink
    WK 5/24 LeslieRoyale
    WK 5/31 Stefv86

...which then changed to 3....
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    For sure Olivia. I know both of us ALWAYS seems to way less on Tuesday lol.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I knew you two would be happy about the Tuesday weigh in!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    BTW, Jess...you look freaking awesome in your new pic!!! LOVE the hair, hottie-tottie!!!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi this sounds like a really good idea! Is a bit nervous about the word challenge at the moment though...care to explain further or give an example?

Don't be nervous by "challenge", it's all about where you're at. The weekly challenges are diverse and the ultimate aim is to help you incorporate new healthy habits into your life, you do the best you can and everyone gives you lots of support. Some examples from our past challenge group were: try a new exercise 3 times this week, try a new healthy recipe each day and share it with the group, add in 10 extra minutes of a workout each day, etc. The point is to expand your horizons while getting the support of an awesome group of women.

Thanks for the encouragement and the explanation. Is some one who is easily intimidated that's a main reason i dont go to the gym:indifferent: :embarassed: Yeah i could do this need to keep pushing myself.
    So it's Tuesday over here 4:15 am (yes i wake up early :smile: ). I've been losing weight pretty quickly so far so i've decided that my goal is going to be to lose another 10 pounds.
    SW: 257
    GW: 247

This water goal is going to be really hard for me. I have trouble telling when i'm thirsty so i'm going to have to force myself to do it i suppose. Good luck to everyone!
  • oliviawink
    Options
    Hi Leslie!! Glad you found us! :wink:

WK 4/26 aab1
    WK 5/03 ceejay000
    WK 5/10 nikki8marie
    WK 5/17 oliviawink
    WK 5/24 LeslieRoyale

And like that...you've been added! Thanks for taking WK 5/24!!

And then there were 4....

Good, running a challenge the week right before my birthday will keep me honest and on track before that sure-to-be-naughty week starts. BTW, I'm expecting at least one person to remember my birthday :wink:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was interested in joining this group if possible! My current weight is 204 and I'm hoping to be 170 by the time June 22nd rolls around. That would put me about at the halfway mark to my overall goal of 135. 135 is my "skinny fat" weight as I will most likely put on pounds to lean out and gain muscle as I'm weight lifting for my fitness. I am also currently working on eating healthier and living a better lifestyle. Pretty generic stuff and I'm excited! :)
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! I'm in! See ya'll tomorrow....
  • oliviawink
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement and the explanation. Is some one who is easily intimidated that's a main reason i dont go to the gym:indifferent: :embarassed: Yeah i could do this need to keep pushing myself.
    So it's Tuesday over here 4:15 am (yes i wake up early :smile: ). I've been losing weight pretty quickly so far so i've decided that my goal is going to be to lose another 10 pounds.
    SW: 257
    GW: 247

This water goal is going to be really hard for me. I have trouble telling when i'm thirsty so i'm going to have to force myself to do it i suppose. Good luck to everyone!

Really, we're so glad you're here and I know how intimidating it can be, but putting your best foot forward where you are at any given moment, mealtime, day, week, etc, is what it's all about. And even when you fall short, you can take comfort in knowing that the women here will never judge and only seek to support. Stick with us and you'll find that you have a support network that you never dreamed.... at least that's what happened to me when I "found" this awesome group of gals a few challenges back. We like to keep it rolling with new challenges, and bring in fresh new faces to "keep us honest" and continue to inspire us. Really great work on your loss so far!