not too happy with dunkin donuts

Options
i went yesterday to order an egg white and cheese sandwich on an english muffin where i was told that they DISCONTINUED egg whites. this was my go-to breakfast when i'm on the go! i'm so annoyed!

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Booo! I hate when places do that! Have you ever tried subway for breakfast??
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    They make the egg whites with veggie or turkey.
    I get the veggie egg white on an english muffin :)
    280 calories.
    But I was sad they got rid of plain egg whites :(
  • amw8675309
    amw8675309 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    no, but what a great idea! i forgot they started doing breakfast and from what i remember they had quite a few healthy options!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Subways breakfast sandwiches. They have egg whites and they're delicious.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with Subway breakfast sandwiches. Have egg whites and they are excellent!!:smile:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think shame on Dunkin Donuts for using artificial ingredients that are BANNED in other countries.

Because nothing was open after midnight Satureday night and I was an hour from home, I had a plain wheat bagel at Dunkin Donuts. Yesterday I looked up the ingredients and was shocked. One of the ingredients is 'Azodicarbonamide'. This is what it is:

Azodicarbonamide is used in food industry as a food additive, a flour bleaching agent and improving agent. It reacts with moist flour as an oxidizing agent.[2] The main reaction product is biurea[3] (not urea), which is stable during baking. Secondary reaction products include semicarbazide[4] and ethyl carbamate.[5] The United States allows azodicarbonamide to be added to flour at levels up to 45 ppm.[6] Use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive is banned in Australia and in Europe[7]. In Singapore, the use of azodicarbonamide can result in up to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of $450,000.[citation needed] Other uses The principal use of azodicarbonamide is in the production of foamed plastics as an additive. The thermal decomposition of azodicarbonamide results in the evolution of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and ammonia gases, which are trapped in the polymer as bubbles to form a foamed article. Common examples of this application are window and door gaskets, padded floor mats, gym/exercise mats, shoe soles, etc. It is important to mention that azodicarbonamide in the use of plastics, synthetic leather and other uses can be pure or modified. This is important because modification affects the reaction temperatures. Pure azodicarbonamide generally reacts around 200 degrees C, but there are some products that the reaction temperature must be lower, depending on the application. In the plastic, leather and other industries, modified azodiarbonamide (average decomposition temperature 170 degrees C) contains additives that accelerate the reaction or react at lower temperatures.