Suga... Suga....

Options
sstans
sstans Posts: 5 Member
I am always way over on my sugars and can't figure out how to get them down!!!

PLEASE HELP !!

Replies

• nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help because I have the same problem. I just don't know what to think about it though because it happens without me eating anything with added sugar (ie.) candy, cake and that type of thing. I go over the count with fruits and vegetables sugar counts. I am not convinced that those sugars should count like they do.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If your sugar is coming from fruits and milk you don't have to worry about it too much. Those are natural sugars and because of how much the body has to work to break them down they don't cause big spikes and crashes in blood sugar. But if the sugar is coming from refined sugar and processed foods you need to cut back. Don't eat processed foods. Don't eat cookies or candy.
  • Britt22706
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about going over your sugars, UNLESS you are pre-diabetic or diabetic. I was looking at your food diary and a lot of your sugars are coming from very natural things and not added sugars. Things such as cows milk and veggies. A serving of milk normally has about 12 grams of sugar.

If I were you, I would go in and manually change the allowance for your sugar by about 20, just to account for natural sugars that exist in your diet.

As long as the processed/added sugars are down, then, once again, I wouldn't worry too much!

I hope I helped!
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I have had kamut (unsweetened hot wheat cereal) with skim milk and a banana, some plain greek yogurt w/ walnuts, cherry tomatoes, carrots, a high fiber tortilla and some fajita steak and I am also way over. None of the food I ate had added sugar, so I'm just not going to worry about it!
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to keep sugar down with the way it is pumped into everything these days. Seriously, a plain-ol' fast-food hamburger can have 9 grams of sugar if you eat it with a bun and ketchup. Even plain canned kidney beans are canned with high fructose corn syrup!

I would say cut back on processed foods and any sweets that aren't fruits, and then be picky about what fruits you eat (i.e. say no to a glass of juice or dried fruit and yes to a handful of fresh berries). That should help to cut things down.

I have been on a detox the past 14 days and have had only sugar from green vegetables and the lowest sugar count I've had so far was 17 grams.

I hope this helps!
  • sstans
    sstans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for your comments! I am thinking that I was stressing over it too much! And it I didn't think about the difference between processed and and natural foods! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question! :smile: