Vacation, Mini Goal Meet, NSVs and a few realizations

Options
TexasGirl92
TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
Hi all I just got back from our 10 day European vacation. I used the up coming trip to be my motivation to breaking 170 before I left. The Wednesday before we left (my weekly weigh in day) my weight was 169.8 barely under but still I was excited. We decided early on we were checking no bags this trip because we would be traveling by train once we arrived. We invested in good internal frame backpack and this would be our only bag for each of us.

We spent all but about 3 days of the trip with our packs on. A few days into the trip while walking up some steps in Rome with my pack on I realized it really wasn't bothering me to carry it. I honestly don't think I would have been able to do all that I did this trip if I had not began this journey to be healthy back in September. I also realized that I had been carrying more extra weight than was in my pack on my body before (pack was 22 lbs I've lost 31 so far) plus I thought of how much better I will feel once what I have left to loose is gone. I also don't hate every photo I'm in (which is a first for a very long time) I still see the extra weight that I need to loose but I also see how far I've come since beginning this journey. It nice to feel okay about sharing photos that I'm in with my friends on Facebook and not thinking how awful I look. The cherry on top of the trip was going through customs when we arrived back in the US the guy at the counter took my passport, looked at it and said "Wow! Looks like you've lost 20 pounds since you took this photo, good job." I told him that he made my day and he did.

The other nice thing was when I weighed in this morning just to see where I was my weight had not changed still 169.8 but when I checked my body fat using my hand held meter it had gone down. I guess all that walking paid off. Tomorrow I start my new journey to train for a 5k in June. Wish me luck.

Replies

• lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow way to go!! So cool..you actually backpacked through Europe....how cool is that!!!
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration.

Thanks. The nice thing about posting here is others understand how just small things can make all your hard work seem worth it even if your not at your final goal yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!