all- inclusive trip

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    How often do you get to do something like this? Enjoy yourself and don't obsess over drinks. Obviously you can't have strawberry pina coladas six times a day, but you should try things you want!

You will be so active you'll naturally burn a lot of the extra calories off, and you need to relax and enjoy.

I gained 8 lbs in 10 days on my honeymoon cruise August 2009 that brought me to MFP and I haven’t lost it yet. I did the math, that’s about 5000 cals a day I was eating and I was never stuffed like you think you would be on that amount. I ate normally but it’s the calorie packed stuff like caesar salads for 1200 calories and slices of cake 1x a day for 600 that get you. I also worked out daily in the gym burning about 400 a day.

So my opinion is to NOT go nuts, have some, enjoy a bit but DO NOT GO NUTS.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You might not be as tempted as you think. Having been to a Sandals, I can tell you that the alcohol is the cheapest, worst-tasting stuff EVER. My husband and I honeymooned at the Sandals in the bahamas and by the end of the trip we were asking for virgin drinks! While there were plenty of drunk people at the one night we stayed at a Raddison (where you have to pay for the drinks), we only saw ONE single drunk person the entire time we were at the all-inclusive Sandals resort - which probably means everyone else had the same opinion of the drinks that we did.
  • ContinuousEffort
    Options
    It is going to be an incredible trip. I wouldn't worry about weight loss and have a good time. Naturally, you probably feel like eating healthier now, fruits and smaller portions of meat. Just go with what you feel like. Tropical drinks can be fun to try!
    And, there will be so many sports there that are fun!! You'll be busy!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just have a good time!!!!! You can be sensible and still enjoy yourself. I was just in Las Vegas last week where I stuck to vodka and diet coke. We did a lot of drinking, eating and walking. I ended up losing 2 lbs over the 5 days I was there :)