Heart Rate Monitor/Adding calories burned

Options
Can you quick add the number of calories burned, instead of searching for a particular exercise?

Replies

• gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you are asking does a HRM give you calories burned, yes. Most HRM's have that feature. I use a Polar F7. It uses your heart rate and elasped time to calculate the calories.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No. You can't "quick add" calories burned like you can add "quick add" calories in your food diary. But once you've entered an exercise into your exercise log it will stay there and you can use it over and over again. All you have to do is enter the number of minutes you worked out and then change the calories burned to match what your HRM says.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    How do you log those on myfitnesspal? I see where you can quick add calories consumed but not on calories burned
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How do you log those on myfitnesspal? I see where you can quick add calories consumed but not on calories burned

After you sign in, click on the tab up top that says my exercises. It will bring up a page that says "Your Personal Exercises" On the right side, click on the tab "create exercise" and it will bring up a screen that says "create a new exercise" and then you enter the title of what you are calling the exercise (example: zumba) then pick the exercise type, enter how long and number of calories burned and then click tab "add exercise" and it will be in your exercise list.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Call me and I will explain. :flowerforyou: