Increased Exercise & a Sudden Increase in Hunger

Options
I'm sure people have posted about this, but I am having some serious trouble finding previous posts that address this (maybe I just suck at searching).

So, I originally had my weight loss set to 1.2 lb/week (1200 net) but was not exercising. I started exercising at the beginning of April, and reset my weight loss to 1.0 lb/week as recommended by MFP (1300 net) and eat pretty much all my exercise calories. I never had an issue with hunger, and saw healthy, steady weight loss.

In the past week, I've dramatically increased my exericse. I added kickboxing/boxing (with 150 lb punching bags) to my at home workouts and Bikram yoga (which I do 3-5 times a week). I drink lots of water and eat plenty of protein, but I've seen a huge leap in hunger. I'm literally hungry all day even though I'm eating all my exercise calories (over 2000 a day).

My question is... Is this my body telling me to change my change my goals to 0.5 lb/week? Or is it something else? I'm in a healthy BMI range at this point, and my goal weight is less than 20 lb away.

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    I would, your metabolisim is kicking up a notch, so you're body is burning through the fuel faster. Think of it this way... before you started, you had a 4 cylinder... good on gas mileage, didn't have to fill up often... at the beginning of the month you upgraded to a 6 cylinder and you needed more fuel more often... now you've upgraded to a V-8 hemi, so your tank always needs to be filled. :D
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yup up your calories! When this happened to me I moved mine from 1200 to 1380. So much better.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Eat more and enjoy. You are a machine!