YOGA-any ideas?

Options
So i decided that i want to give yoga a shot because of all the great stuff that I have heard about it. Problem is, I dont have the money to go out and join a yoga class. So, I was wondering if anybody knows of some really good yoga tapes that I could buy that would do the job? Thank you!

Replies

• jmminmn
    jmminmn Posts: 28
    Options
    biggest loser yoga is a good one.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Check out www.youtube.com/tarastiles

Tara is an amazing yoga instructor, and of course since it's on youtube, it's free. I've been doing several of her routines and I feel GREAT whenever I do one.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    You can try searching you tube. If you have a lululemon store near you (lululemon.com) they usually have free classes. Call around to local studios too--they might have at least 1 class for free, or they might have some offers for new students (one of the studios here charges $10 for your first class, but then you can go to as many classes as you want for free the first 10 days). If you have a rec department, they might have some classes for a lot cheaper as well.

I have an old (VHS!) of a Crunch yoga taught by Sara Iverson. It is a great tape for beginners, but I don't know if they have it for DVDs? I also have Beginning yoga by Rodney Yee--I don't really like this one because it isn't for beginners. I know the names and how a position is supposed to look, but if you don't, he doesn't give any type of explanation. And a lot of moves are a little more advanced.

No matter what you choose-have fun!