The 4-Hour Body

Options
Hi all, Just wanted to check and see if anyone has tried the 4-hour body "diet". I've been a South Beacher and works great for me. Im going to try the 4-Hour seems very similar & I like to mix up my diet now and then for a jump start. Lost 7 lbs counting calories on this lovely site & will still use for this diet. Thanks for any comments & good luck out there :flowerforyou:

Replies

• smpichon
    smpichon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are there any articles that you would recommend where I can read up on this diet?
  • nessafly
    nessafly Posts: 58
    Options
    DUH! Sorry, There is a website for the book The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss: fourhourbody.com :blushing:
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just read the overview on the site you listed and it sounds like a bunch of bananas. Increasing weight loss by 300% with bags of ice? Going on 2 hours of sleep? It doesn't sound healthy.
  • nessafly
    Options
    There are some crazy ideas, Im just following the diet plan..... no carb 6 days and the binge day.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Here's a nice summary of the diet. I am not saying I agree with it or disagree with it.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5709913/4+hour-body-+-the-slow+carb-diet
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Since you asked, I think it is another fad diet. I have read some of the debates in these forums on it. I dislike any diet that makes blanket statements about any food or food group
    All things in moderation is a better diet. Eat cleanly as much as possible, don't sweat the occasional sweet or fried food, try to get 5-9 fruits and veggies in each day, and make as much of your grain intake in whole grains as possible. Obviously set healthy goals for fat and salt intake, and drink plenty of water.

I think every one of our bodies is set a little differently, so we each need to find the ratio of carbs to protein that works best for us. Some people don't tolerate high glycemic foods, others do fine with a little bit. Some people need to remain gluten-free, others can't tolerate yeast, and still others would be better off avoiding all milk products (or maybe just the fresh ones, while they can tolerate aged or cultured milk.) If you want to shake up your diet, try going gluten free for 3-6 weeks, if you don't feel better, put gluten back and go dairy free for a while. Try a low glycemic index diet for several weeks. Try cutting out all foods and beverages that contain aspartame. You might even try avoiding all foods in the nightshade family for a couple of weeks.

There are so many ways to change your diet that aren't counter-scientific (fad) diets. Experiment with what you eat to find if you have any sensitivities. Try adding one new fruit or vegetable to your diet each week. Try a new grain. Increase the amount of wild-caught fish you eat. Even experiment with different spices to enliven your diet. Don't support these pseudo-gurus selling their poppycock ideas.

Best of luck, and healthy eating, to you.
  • nessafly
    Options
    I agree with no fad diets. I only try very few (south beach). My sister is doing this diet and she is healthy, happy, feeling wonderful and losing weight again. Moderation is a wonderful guideline but sometimes it's fun to try something new... so I don't I slip back into old habits. Lean proteins, veggies, beans and lentils & a binge day sounds great to me for a few weeks !!