need more calories

Options
how do i get more calories without going over sodium and sugar, thanks

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Nuts!! I have walnuts at home I refer to. 1/4 cup, 200 cals, good fat & 0 sodium
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Eat fresh (not processed) food.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Add proteins like eggs, meat, avocados, nuts.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    wat nuts are best as sum contain lots of fat?
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    dry roasted unsalted almonds are my favorite :smooched:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Natural, not processed foods. If you are finding you are low on calories and not terribly hungry, opt for higher calories, healthy, natural foods, like avacados and almonds.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Sugar's are okay to go over, especially if they come from sources such as fruit. Be sure to choose something that has a high fiber content as well.

For days when I need some extra calories without a lot of other stuff, I turn to a clean protein powder. There are brands low in sugar, carbs, sodium, fat etc. I just make a quick glass with milk and I'll get an extra 200 calories, protein, and not much else (besides from good carbs, etc from the milk).

I'm sure some peeps will have other suggestions.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I found Greek youguart helped me out with getting my caloire count up!
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat fresh (not processed) food.

100% true. Eat lots of (lean) meat: chicken, fish, beef, eggs, etc. and eat lots of veggies! Try eating a baked potato instead of potato chips or a handful of raw nuts and fresh berries instead of a granola bar.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    thanks ill try some nuts almonds bc i already have them, thats my problem with excercise I already eat alot and im never hungry
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    wat nuts are best as sum contain lots of fat?
    Most nuts are high in mono and poly unsaturated fat which means that they are healthy fats that lower your cholesterol. Peanuts are the only one that is higher in saturated fats, so if you want to worry about fats, that's the one to go easy on.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    veggies and fruit, I personally think natural sugar is fine, you have to watch out for refined sugars. Avocado is great