Newbie to the program

Options
Hi everybody! My name is Jamie. I am 27 years old. I am a mother to an 8 year old. Over the past couple years my metabolism and energy has slowed greatly. I am not the best person when it comes to sticking to diet and exercise routines. I always try to find friends to motivate me and I still end up falling off the wagon. I am hoping this place will help me find people that will hold me accountable. So everyone feel free to get on me about gettking my butt off the couch and getting that chocolate out of my hand! I am hoping to lose about 15 pounds and get more energy. I feel like I don't have enough energy to play with my kid. :( I want to set a healthy example, I just can never seem to stick to it! I do good for a bit and then easter candy comes or my schedule gets too hectic for going to the gym. I am the master of excuses!

Replies

• ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place!!!!!!!!! Welcome!
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For motivation, great tips and fantastic friendships - you've come to the right place! Feel free to friend me and I'll help you get off your couch while you help me get off mine :)
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Welcome. I will send you a friend request.. I am a busy mom also and I can definately be the master of excuses myself. Good luck.
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hi and Welcome GL to you!
  • kelsam119
    Options
    Hello my name is Kellie. I am also new to this program I have started this 3 weeks ago, and it is great. I never actually saw how much food that I eat and this program is so helpful. I do have a question that I am confused about. the net calories. What is that and should it equal the calories that I have to eat for the day?
  • AngelJLV83
    AngelJLV83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! Kellie: I think at the end of the day you should zero out. Meaning you should not have any calories left. You get to eat the exercise calories. So the days you exercise you get more calories in your "bank" I hope that helps. Maybe someone can explain it better. I am still learnign like you. :)