Sugar! Sugar!

Options
Do any of you watch your sugar stats carefully? What the heck do you eat?! I'm considering monitoring mine, but 1 glass of milk took 1/3 of my allotted sugars! I don't want to do extreme low carb, some meats now and then but not tons. I would love to hear your input!

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 30 grams a day. You just have to watch for the hidden sugars in things. Also, many "low-fat" products mean "more sugar to replace the flavor" :smile:
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It is funny that you brought this up, I just looked at the full reports to see how much sugar I was consuming. The sugar is from fruits and vegetables mostly but non fat yogurt too. So I am not sure what I am supposed to be monitoring. Is it just refined sugar? or sugar in fruits and vegetables? I am around 68gms most days but a few went into the 90 gm area.
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    I'm more worried about processed sugars than sugars in fruits. So if I eat an apple and go 23 grams of sugar and I go 23 g over what I should I don't worry about it much.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ok That is cool because I really do not want to give up fruits. I love them too much
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You can check out my diary. I try to watch sugar about 30g per day (added sugar and from fruit)...and I LOVE carbs, just try to stick to whole wheat/grain :)