keeping track of heart rate, ect, during working out?

Options
jkegs013
jkegs013 Posts: 13 Member
Is there something I can buy that will measure my heart rate, ect what I am working out? I see online they have a lot of calorie counters, but those are just in general. I would like something I can take with me and actually use when I am working out so it will show everything during the exercise. Any advice on if there is something I can buy what works best and what doesn't or where I can look to find something like that?

Replies

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor will do the trick. Check out Polar.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Agree Heart Rate Monitor...I have a polar!
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I agree with whwhitejr. I just bought my Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor and I'm in love with it.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio HRM and I love it. And it was a lot more affordable than the other brands I researched.
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I have a Polar and I love it...it keeps track of your last 16 workouts and does a whole lot more than just keep your heart rate!

Good luck!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Go to Amazon, they have a lot of different HRM and you can find the one thats best for you. I just got one and I LOVE IT. You can also program it to where it will sound an alarm if you aren't in a particular heart rate zone-therefore if you want to do fat burning you have to stay in a range and it will let you know when you are out of that range.

Its really great!! I use it every time I work out.