Cycling

Options
Hi Everyone,
Any other cyclists out there? Cycling is my main form of transportation. I usually don't break a sweat but I am on my bike everyday. Do others log this as activity?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to my spin class in a couple hours. There is also a cycling group that is fairly active on here.

Cycling is a very loggable exercise, especially if you do it for any amount of time. You probably don't break a sweat that you notice because the breeze evaporates it.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Absolutely! If you don't break a sweat and don't feel you are getting a "workout" from it, just log it as a leisurely pace. If you wear a HRM while doing it, you'll know exactly how many calories you have burned. Log it!
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi,yup i try and bike everyday :0) i do have a car but i chose to bike most places and injoy it
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I too am an avid cyclist , I even log down a short ride to the shop 1/4 mile as well as my epic wednesday rides.
    So yes log everything.
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I too am an avid cyclist , I even log down a short ride to the shop 1/4 mile as well as my epic wednesday rides.
    So yes log everything.
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    I started riding to work yesterday again, I do log it because I do go hard enough to give me my cardio so I don't have to force myself to go downstairs and ride the stationary =)

I don't work in a office so it is ok for me to show up, change, and have some sweat on my forehead =)
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Any other cyclists out there? Cycling is my main form of transportation. I usually don't break a sweat but I am on my bike everyday. Do others log this as activity?

Yep, tons of us on here. There is a thread under Fitness and Exercise but it is not pinned to the top. You will have to search for it. I think it starts out with Cycling Fans......Join in.
    Definitely log your bike time. Unless your are riding 5mph or coast down hills all time you will break a sweat. It just evaporates. If you have any ungalvinized parts on your bike you will see the rust from the sweat. I keep my bike wiped down.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I log my cycle commute as the slowest paced cycle :)
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I log my cycle commute as the slowest paced cycle :)

Or wear a HRM. I have a Polar F7 straped to my handlebar and I wear a chest strap. The Polar gives me my heartrate as well as calories. My bike computer records my speed, distance, etc.