Body Confession

Options
MsFitnFabulous
MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
I was cheating on MFP when I saw this news feed on FB. I guess there is a rather new site called, Body Confession

http://www.healthforthewholeself.com/2011/04/body-confessions-sharing-it-all/

I only read a handful of posts, but I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

You can post whatever you want and those who read the post click "been there" if they can relate. There is no comment section at all. While some would say no comments is a good thing, is it really? Sure it helps the teenage girl who's on the brink of disaster realize that there are others in the world who know what it's like to have flabby arms. But how are we able to help her overcome that?? When I've had an off day I can post on MFP "Today was shabby " and within minutes I have someone post "It's ok or tomorrow will be better"

I know a lot of people say mean and hurtful things....but what about those who want to help? And with all of the negative vibes, is this really a place to post "I've lost 61 lbs total and I feel great!"

What do you think??

Replies

• lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i like sharing my feelings and thoughts and having feed back so i dont believe that site has enough to offer!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you. Feedback and encouraging words really keep me going and keep me headstrong & heading in the right direction. I couldn't live without the comments and inspirational posts that people write me here.
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The support and motivation here is what keeps me here! going to a site just to press a button wouldn't give me the kick in the pants or the pat on the back we all need at times!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I perused the site and it seems kind of lame!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I need the sense of community that MFP provides. We are all united by our common goals of fitness and health. To encourage and be encouraged is what MFP allows, which is a very big help for this journey. I love the instant feedback, support and motivation as well. Really keeps me going. Allows for a real connection with people.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love the Feedback I receive here or the feedback I hear others receive because it helps me as well.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    MFP keep me going... I don't get FB @ work, and the interaction here with other MFPers keep me focused on my eating and exercise. Although the "Been there" button would be a great addition, I will not be leaving MFP anytime soon.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I'm a cold person but I thought the site was ridiculous. A bunch of people whining about themselves, most with no real plans to make any changes. There was also a number of haters that really left a bad taste in my mouth. For example, one person wrote that she goes on facebook pages of highschool classmates to see if they got fat in order to feel better about herself. Really? Are that you that ugly of a person inside? I truly do understand what it is like to hate oneself but even at my heaviest, I knew that bashing others wasn't going to change me or how I felt about myself. I had to do something active and productive. That site reminds me a little bit of the new commercial out there where a highschool girl is walking through the halls of school and there are flyers everywhere labeling her a slut. The premise of the ad is if you wouldn't say something to the girl's face, why would you post it on line. Doesn't seem like it would be productive but if people want to be ugly about themselves or others, its an ideal site.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    Options
    Perhaps I'm a cold person but I thought the site was ridiculous. A bunch of people whining about themselves, most with no real plans to make any changes. There was also a number of haters that really left a bad taste in my mouth. For example, one person wrote that she goes on facebook pages of highschool classmates to see if they got fat in order to feel better about herself. Really? Are that you that ugly of a person inside? I truly do understand what it is like to hate oneself but even at my heaviest, I knew that bashing others wasn't going to change me or how I felt about myself. I had to do something active and productive. That site reminds me a little bit of the new commercial out there where a highschool girl is walking through the halls of school and there are flyers everywhere labeling her a slut. The premise of the ad is if you wouldn't say something to the girl's face, why would you post it on line. Doesn't seem like it would be productive but if people want to be ugly about themselves or others, its an ideal site.

Oh my goodness!! That's exactly how I felt. I mean yeah you get to vent but what are you going to do about how you feel. Like the old adage, either poo or get off the pot!!! Pitying oneself is NEVER a good look, I'm just sayin'.
  • newfitlosophy
    Options
    Wow, interesting discussion mscll1... and I don't even have to check out the site by looking at the previous feeds. You all are totally right about the need for support and feedback that's provided here on MFP. I was on MFP for a while before participating in the community and I'm so glad I did because you all inspire me so much to take action and do what it takes. So motivated and seeing the fruit!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    Options
    Wow, interesting discussion mscll1... and I don't even have to check out the site by looking at the previous feeds. You all are totally right about the need for support and feedback that's provided here on MFP. I was on MFP for a while before participating in the community and I'm so glad I did because you all inspire me so much to take action and do what it takes. So motivated and seeing the fruit!

Aww thank you! You all inspire me to be better. I'm gonna win this fat battle this time. I thank God for directing me to this site! Support, friends, weight loss all in one!