This 1200 calorie minimum thing...

Options
13»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    if its difficult for you to eat that much and you feel like you are over eating or stuffing yourself and feel full all the time - then you probably don't actually need to eat that much. i'm 5'7 and i hardly ever eat more than 1000 calories a day, even on the days i exercise - its rare for me to hit the end of the day and feel like i still need to eat more. i have a desk job and don't get much exercise outside of going to the gym
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Take your current weight times by 7 and that is your minimum calorie requirements.
    At 200 lbs I need to consume at least 1400 calories to keep my body from going into starvation mode.
    Hope this helps!
    -Sarah
    what the?

NO
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This totally helps Sara. I also suspect that the "minimum" 1,200 per day isn't right for me. I've been netting 1,200 calories RELIGIOUSLY for the last four weeks and only lost two pounds, even with drinking 8 glasses of water and hitting the gym 2-4 times a week.

I'm at 130 lbs (and 5' 3") and according to your calculation my minimum is 910 per day. I think I'll try 1,000 per day for a while!!
    that is not wise, Sara.
  • heatherfernandes12
    heatherfernandes12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this reply, it was helpful to me as well!